computer speaker box

Pickups, wiring schemes, switch techniques and onboard active electronics for guitars and basses
dralla
Information

Post by dralla »

Hi,
I have another newbie question,
is it possible to use old computer speaker box, change the input and speaker for 1/4 jack.
Put it in an enclosure and use it as maybe a boost..or kind of preamp..?
Is it worth to try or will i blow something?

plush
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by plush »

dralla wrote: is it possible to use old computer speaker box, change the input and speaker for 1/4 jack.
I'don't recommend doing that, unless you omit power amp section of your speaker box and only utilize it's preamp.

dralla
Information

Post by dralla »

Ok thanks !!
Another one ....
Is it possible to salvage a band equalizer from a cassette am-fm radio and use it with guitar.
I have few `90 radio at home, is it possible to take piece in them and use those in guitar pedal project? chip? transistor? transformateur? power?
I 'm newbie in electronic but really interested in learning!
Thanks alot

plush
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by plush »

dralla wrote:Ok thanks !!
Another one ....
Is it possible to salvage a band equalizer from a cassette am-fm radio and use it with guitar.
I have few `90 radio at home, is it possible to take piece in them and use those in guitar pedal project? chip? transistor? transformateur? power?
I 'm newbie in electronic but really interested in learning!
Thanks alot
Well, in some way - yes, they could be adapted to use with guitar and other low frequency signals.
If i were you, i'd start from reading something about circuit design principles and then move to simple discrete applications. This way you'll advance way faster, than you'll do by digging in a pile of old junk.
:thumbsup