Making connections on Perf Board

Frequently asked question on the subject of designing, creating, producing printed boards, veroboards or perfboads and on point-to-point construction techniques.
kurotenshi
Information

Post by kurotenshi »

Hi,

When ever I se something made on a perf board, the solder side of the board show conections either made with someting that looks like solder tracks or with un insolated wires. What i'd like to know is how do you guys usualy make the "tracks" when using perf board.

Thanks

IvIark
Tube Twister
Information

Post by IvIark »

Component legs can get you most of the way there.
"If anyone is a 'genius' for putting jacks in such a pedal in the only spot where they could physically fit, then I assume I too am a genius for correctly inserting my legs into my pants this morning." - candletears7 - TGP

Greg
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Tophat Emplexador & Supreme 16.
Completed builds: LOTS..

Post by Greg »

I sometimes use a Zero Ohm Resistor too.. esp. if it's a long link.
culturejam wrote: We are equal opportunity exposure artists.

willc1968
Information
my favorite amplifier: Kustom K 200 A-4 in red
Completed builds: kay fuzz, clark fuzz, ea tremelo, green ringer, tremelus lune, a few big muffs, fuzz face and factory, sft, woolly mamoth, a bunch of tonebenders and many more that need to be boxed

Post by willc1968 »

perf board is my prefered when doing a proto of something. just about all the time the component leads will be more than long enough without having to use jumpers. if i am using a lot of socketsonthe board i do use insulated wire for run over 1/2" or so.

kurotenshi
Information

Post by kurotenshi »

thanks guys, i've tried that technique in a build and, as far as i know, things are going well.