Report Forum Problems and Make Forum Wishes Here...

Have a look here for general information about the forum, rules and announcements.
CheapPedalCollector
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by CheapPedalCollector »

Can you add a dark theme, thanks.

The G
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by The G »

Frank Triggs wrote: 22 May 2021, 12:18 YouTube link in profile is wrong. My YouTube does NOT have a user/ prefix, it has only a channel/ prefix, before my YouTube channel.

This works: www.youtube.com/channel/UCXRY6s3EyLJd5n6kYztFvjg
This doesn't: www.youtube.com/user/UCXRY6s3EyLJd5n6kYztFvjg

Thanks.

You stumbled on an old part of the forum software and this is the first time I gave it any thought. Actually not only me - until now, nobody used it. Which was good because I could update the field to the new YouTube channel URL syntax without affecting anyone else. From now on the profile YouTube field will need the channel ID, instead of the legacy channel username which newer channels do not have anymore. So no full or partial URL, only the ID.

Further info on this Google help page.

The G
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by The G »

CheapPedalCollector wrote: 22 May 2021, 21:49 Can you add a dark theme, thanks.
The current theme (or "style" in phpBB lingo) carries a heavy technical debt because of its age. So - IMO - rather than add a dark theme to it, it would be way more feasible to make a new style from the scratch. Which I did start a while ago, but it will take a while to reach a usable form. It is a lot of work to make it behave in a fresh phpBB install and more so to make it friends with the various extensions in use. To complicate things, phpBB 4.0 is in the works since 2016 - and that includes a new official style which is supposed to be modern. They managed to get to an alpha version this year, so all the work may be for an already obsolete base.

So, sorry, not anytime soon, but do not give up hope yet.