Forum Maintenance & Development News/Announcements

Have a look here for general information about the forum, rules and announcements.
The G
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by The G »

Just did update the forum to the last version of its software. It was completely uneventful on our side, but if you notice something not right, please let us know.
Thank you!

The G
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by The G »

As a move to more civilized server public relations, we'll use this thread to announce when the server will be out of service, be it for maintenance jobs or for the greater good.

LATER EDIT: changed this thread's scope to include all maintenance and development news and announcements.

The G
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by The G »

The server will be unreachable today for about 20 minutes, from around 07:45 UTC (which is in 10 minutes :oops: - I promise we'll make the next announcements more timely). We'll be taking a snapshot after optimizing the storage.

LATER: Took much more than I expected, almost 50 minutes for the snapshot creation, which doesn't make much sense since we managed to cut the storage needed from 40GB to less than 17GB. Sorry about that.

The G
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by The G »

The server will be unreachable tommorrow, 20th of November, for about 30 minutes, from around 07:30 (7:30 am) UTC, for maintenance. More specifically, we'll update to the last minor version of phpBB.

The G
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by The G »

And done, much faster than expected. The most part of the spent interval was gobbled up by cleaning up after the update and deleting two spammers' posts/banning them.

The G
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by The G »

Changed all database tables' engine to InnoDB.
The most visible side effect will be the minimum search keyword length - you can now search for 3 letters words (the default for InnoDB), down from 4 (the default for MyISAM).

Please let us know if there's anything that does not play nice.

The G
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by The G »

The server will be unreachable on Monday, 15th of February, for about 30 minutes, starting at 09:30 (9:30 am), for maintenance. More specifically, we'll update to the last minor version of phpBB.

The G
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by The G »

And done. I apologize for the communication mismatch between the post above saying it will take 30 minutes and the placeholder countdown page saying it will take an hour. I was pretty confident it will take 30 minutes, but reality had the upper hand.

As always, if you notice glitches in the matrix, please let us know.

The G
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by The G »

...Aaaand now we're on PHP 8.0.
We should have everything regenerated and running by now.

The G
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by The G »

We updated the forum software to the last version. Please, let us know if something is not right.

I apologize for not giving prior notice. It is difficult to set a schedule based on my spare time and I wanted to do it rather sooner than later.

CheapPedalCollector
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by CheapPedalCollector »

I'm unable to search for terms like "BOSS OD-3" , it will now ignore the "OD-3" part in advanced search.

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

CheapPedalCollector wrote: 06 Jul 2021, 21:56 I'm unable to search for terms like "BOSS OD-3" , it will now ignore the "OD-3" part in advanced search.
Hi there, yes, this is an issue. The forum software allows us to setup which words get indexed. Turning the number from 3 down to 2 will require the engines to also index each occurrence of words like 'an,' 'of,' 'us,' etc...

What we should do from now on at least, is omit al hyphenation in names: Boss ODS3...

Thanks for the feedback, sorry took so long to reply.
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal