FORUM UPGRADES DONE: Friday 8th MAY 2020 09.00 CET - Saturday 9th 13.00 CET  [RESOLVED]

Have a look here for general information about the forum, rules and announcements.
Bside2234
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by Bside2234 »

Intripped wrote:
modman wrote:
turbofeedus wrote:
Intripped wrote:There's a problem if you use the "mark forums read" link in the board index page
If you wait for the automatic return to the index page, an error occurs:
An error occurred during a connection to https://www.freestompboxes.org:80. SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length. Error code: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG
Thanks modman!
The problem is in the forwarding. Port 80 is http, but the SSL is now https (port 443). If you change the "80" to "443", the page should load correctly.
Yes, port number was 443 but that didn't solve the loading issue, so removed it. Seemed to work better, but still had the same porting issue. But SSL record too long is a specific Firefox bug it seems.
https://www.thesslstore.com/blog/ssl_er ... _too_long/

still testing
It works now, I get no more the error message (I use Firefox mobile)
Same here. Not getting any errors as of now. Even the links work in the notification email.

toneman
Resistor Ronker
Information
my favorite amplifier: anything that works
Completed builds: meatolation, wobolation, ringolation clones, PAiA synths/modulars, dipthonizer clone, MOTM modules, pedal mods and repairs

Post by toneman »

Hey modman!!
thanks for all your hard work!!!
i'm running firefox 72,0,1(64bit) on my i5 pc and everything looks back to normal.
missing logo: back
login: working normal now
Happy New Year to U , it's the year of the rat!
Happy Birthday to Betty White!! 98yrs young on Jan 17.
go girl go!!
Tone-to-the-Bone

Intripped
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by Intripped »

Can I ask for a little mod? If it's not too much work, of course.
It would be nice to have the "mark forums read" link, in the "unread posts" page as well

Thanks

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

Intripped wrote:Can I ask for a little mod? If it's not too much work, of course.
It would be nice to have the "mark forums read" link, in the "unread posts" page as well
There is a function to mark all forums read even in this version. I must admit I don't use it myself. But the unread post page is just a query of unread posts, not a forum itself, so this function doesn not work here. But I will look into more functionality for the unread function.

It's been quite a hassle, mostly because of the crappy server we are currently on. It's slow and doesn't have the latest server software version; but the forum database is now running solidly on phpbb 3.3.0
phpbb 3.3.0
phpbb 3.3.0
I am also testing some extra functionality:
Collapsable categories - see only what you want to see
Collapsable categories - see only what you want to see
Extended, more precise similar topics listing
Extended, more precise similar topics listing
Symbol set (long overdue!)
Symbol set (long overdue!)
Numbering of posts - clicking copies the link
Numbering of posts - clicking copies the link
Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 14.37.15.png (28.52 KiB) Viewed 6028 times
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal

Intripped
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by Intripped »

that's great!
expecially the symbol set

...are you working on a mobile version as well? am i getting the first image right?

thanks a lot modman

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

Intripped wrote:...are you working on a mobile version as well? am i getting the first image right?
:secret:
Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 14.16.45.png
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal

Intripped
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by Intripped »

WOW! :D

peterc
Information

Post by peterc »

Thanks for all the hard work Modman
Much appreciated

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

social login is a fact on the testserver: after the update you will be able to log on using
  • Google
  • Youtube (it's google account too)
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 22.16.01.png

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

Topic preview
Topic preview
Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 21.46.13.png (19.66 KiB) Viewed 5952 times
Audio player extension for attachments
Audio player extension for attachments

Cub
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by Cub »

Hello modman, great job on the improvements and updates so far! If possible, I have a little request for one of the next sets of updates.
Do you think that the time that is allowed to make changes to a post (edit a typo, change the title, replace attachments, etc.) could be extended a bit?
I wish I were a chestnut tree, nourished by the sun.
With twigs and leaves and branches and conkers by the ton.

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

Cub wrote:Hello modman, great job on the improvements and updates so far! If possible, I have a little request for one of the next sets of updates.
Do you think that the time that is allowed to make changes to a post (edit a typo, change the title, replace attachments, etc.) could be extended a bit?
Well, I thought I changed that already last week... will have another look, but priviliges are so different for all the folders I think I didn't change it globally -- maybe I changed this for the Circuit analysis section only.

Anyways, we will still be doing the switch over to the new software and host in a few weeks time. Development on mobile layout is still ongoing...
thanks for the message, will get back to you on the editing privs!

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

The forum will be down during a limited time starting tomorrow May 8th 2020, 09:00 CET (click to see the time in your time zone). We will be rehosting the site to increase the response and upgrade to the latest version of the phpbb forum software. A counter will be displayed on the main page, allowing you to see the progress on the rehosting and updates. We hope to be back very very soon.
The last few months we ran a more than a few tests, so we should not run into any surprises. However, rehosting 9GB+ of content is no walk in the park...

Thanks are to you,
the hardcore bunch who got this train on the road in 2007
any freestompboxes.org member who ever contributed a gutshot, a schematic, a layout, a piece of helpful advice to help their fellow DIY-er
the patrons who contributed and allowed us to move from this battered old server to one three times as fast

we WILL be back.

Intripped
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by Intripped »

WOOOOWWWW!
THANKS A LOT MODMAN!
:horsey: :applause:

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

And we are back... on a new, much faster server, with the current version of phpbb 3.3.0 and all 10GB of content.... phew.
Still finetuning, monitoring for performance, updating the functionality -- social login is coming, but taking this one step at the time.

Thanks are to Gabriel who did most of the work... he really is an angel.

Intripped
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by Intripped »

tried on my PC with firefox and on my android phone, everything is working well and fast

beautiful! :thumbsup
thanks

Seiche
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Seiche »

Cub wrote: 20 Apr 2020, 11:20 Hello modman, great job on the improvements and updates so far! If possible, I have a little request for one of the next sets of updates.
seconded :popcorn:

edit: Thanks!
Last edited by Seiche on 09 May 2020, 21:29, edited 1 time in total.

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

Seiche wrote: 09 May 2020, 20:35
Cub wrote: 20 Apr 2020, 11:20 Hello modman, great job on the improvements and updates so far! If possible, I have a little request for one of the next sets of updates.
seconded :popcorn:
I looked into this some time ago and was quite sure I fixed it.. the priviliges are such a tangled web we may have to make a clean slate with that...
But I set this aside until after the update... so this is for
NOW! :thumbsup

I think I only changed this (to start) for the circuit analysis section, please check your posts there and whether you can edit them.

Ben N
Cap Cooler
Information
my favorite amplifier: Ampeg J12D Jet

Post by Ben N »

What happened to the "Active threads" option?

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

Ben N wrote: 10 May 2020, 08:57 What happened to the "Active threads" option?
It's still available under the 'Quick links' tab:
Screen Shot 2020-05-10 at 11.07.50.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-10 at 11.07.50.png (23.36 KiB) Viewed 5882 times
Great question, I remember asking myself the same thing when testing the new software for the first time...
Anything, people, please ask if unclear.

I am working on finding out what's causing the problems re-instating the edit button for posts...