FORUM UPGRADES DONE: Friday 8th MAY 2020 09.00 CET - Saturday 9th 13.00 CET  [RESOLVED]

Have a look here for general information about the forum, rules and announcements.
culturejam
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by culturejam »

First of all, great job on the upgrade! It's sooooo much faster. :thumbsup
modman wrote: 28 Apr 2020, 14:59
Cub wrote:Hello modman, great job on the improvements and updates so far! If possible, I have a little request for one of the next sets of updates.
Do you think that the time that is allowed to make changes to a post (edit a typo, change the title, replace attachments, etc.) could be extended a bit?
Well, I thought I changed that already last week... will have another look, but priviliges are so different for all the folders I think I didn't change it globally -- maybe I changed this for the Circuit analysis section only.
As I recall, the change was made because there were a few instances of someone posting a gut shot and then the pedal maker would contact the poster and beg and/or threaten them to remove it. So allowing editing for only a few minutes after posting prevented that from happening.

At this point, I don't think it's necessary. But at the time, it made a lot of sense.

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

There are still some bugs to be dealt with...
  • finetuning some of the extensions, like SOLVED TOPICS, which has to be recustomized per folder
  • checking out what the fartknocker is going wrong on the level of EDIT priviliges
  • some links to amateurishly hosted pictures by Bajaman or Soulsonic are still dead, working on it.
  • trying to get the mail engine to run, right now there are no mails being sent out - but whoever still tries to sign up by mail is either a bot or 87 years old. Proably both!
On the other hand:
  • social login is working flawlessly I think, you should even be able to login to your existing account if the social media account you use is linked to the exact gmail you signed up with at fsb originally.
  • You can now upload audio files as attachments, and uploading in general is much easier and faster.
The 'edit' function -- well yeah... dug up my old drives and found a 'torchy' folder... :secret:

Any feedback about anything, please shoot...
J
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal

Ben N
Cap Cooler
Information
my favorite amplifier: Ampeg J12D Jet

Post by Ben N »

Thanks, Modman.

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

We encountered some obstacles setting up the mail server, but it should be working allright now.
This means that pw reset should work again for users who signed up the old way, using email.

Any problems? Let me know...

Some more updates...
  • Trying to reduce the complex structure of the forum, I merged the Stompbox Café and the Member's Corner into the Member's Café...
  • Attachment maximum size has been increased to 10MB - please use it wisely
  • Attachments can now be dragged into the reply window!
  • Quotes now contain a little arrow linking to the original post
  • Symbol set has been implemented: watch this.. 47Ω and 22μF -- we got everything from α to ω and we have knåckebrød as hors d'œuvre, at only ½ price, be it in €, £ or ¥. Only at freestompboxes.org™®!
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal

JohanB
Information

Post by JohanB »

I registered with my Google account -- you still have to activate your account... that's new to me.
On the other hand, I seem to be able to edit my message and even delete it. Let's see

edit 1: 10 seconds after posting added this --> this is modman speaking btw
edit 2: 47 minutes later --- helleu!!!
Last edited by JohanB on 20 May 2020, 10:34, edited 1 time in total.

The G
Grease Monkey
Information

Post by The G »

All the bug squashing was moved in the "Report Forum problems here" topic, which got renamed to "Report Forum Problems and Make Forum Wishes Here..." and stickied, so the bugs' info would be easier to be found.

So, please continue your bug reporting and feature requesting in the "Report Forum Problems and Make Forum Wishes Here..." dedicated topic.

Thank you.