BEST TONE

Frequent asked about building blocks: gain stages, buffers, clipping configurations, ...
A1full
Information

Post by A1full »

Hello, someone can tell me how to achieve a 3 band tone control, with this same frequency, which gives the parametric seen in the image.

I want to take it to an anaglogic pedal with a good tone stack

Is there any way to achieve it or imitate it?

FiveseveN
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by FiveseveN »

Your best bet would be a graphic eq pedal and you can tweak the gyrators if the frequencies are not spot on.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. (Charles Darwin)

A1full
Information

Post by A1full »

FiveseveN wrote:[ Image ]

Your best bet would be a graphic eq pedal and you can tweak the gyrators if the frequencies are not spot on.
ok thanks for answering, but is there any way to achieve that with a tone stack?
I have no idea how to get to those hz with components

thetragichero
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by thetragichero »

phatt
Transistor Tuner
Information

Post by phatt »

A1full wrote:

ok thanks for answering,
A1full wrote:but is there any way to achieve that with a tone stack?

Sorry but NO!!!
A1full wrote:I have no idea how to get to those hz with components
Because it can't be done with the passive type tone stacks used in Valve amp circuits. I assume that is what you are asking for?

I agree with *FiveseveN* A graphic EQ circuit will get you close to those shapes. :thumbsup
The Hi Watt tone stack designed by Dave Reeves does a much better job of mid cut than standard circuits found in most FMV brands of amps.

I also assume you are using software to get those tone shapes and likely listening to it over monitors or head phones.
If so,, then that will only work in that instance. Just planting that tone curve into a real Valve amp circuit or pedal board will not magically deliver the same effect.
Studio stuff might sound good but in the real world of live sound is a whole other subject.
Same as bedroom players who use real Amps in confined space at low SPL,,, they get a chance to jump on a stage and crank it up wonder why it sounds like crap.
HTH,, Phil.

A1full
Information

Post by A1full »

phatt wrote:
A1full wrote:

ok thanks for answering,
A1full wrote:but is there any way to achieve that with a tone stack?

Sorry but NO!!!
A1full wrote:I have no idea how to get to those hz with components
Because it can't be done with the passive type tone stacks used in Valve amp circuits. I assume that is what you are asking for?

I agree with *FiveseveN* A graphic EQ circuit will get you close to those shapes. :thumbsup
The Hi Watt tone stack designed by Dave Reeves does a much better job of mid cut than standard circuits found in most FMV brands of amps.

I also assume you are using software to get those tone shapes and likely listening to it over monitors or head phones.
If so,, then that will only work in that instance. Just planting that tone curve into a real Valve amp circuit or pedal board will not magically deliver the same effect.
Studio stuff might sound good but in the real world of live sound is a whole other subject.
Same as bedroom players who use real Amps in confined space at low SPL,,, they get a chance to jump on a stage and crank it up wonder why it sounds like crap.
HTH,, Phil.
I appreciate your response and your explanation, I understand that it will not be the same. But what I need is to make a distortion that sounds a lot like that. It has a cut of means and highs in the right places. That's why I think that achieving it would be a great sound, since then adjusting to the reality of an amplifier speaker, not studio monitors.
I was playing with the tone stack of seymour duncan but I am very far from achieving it with that.

good thanks for the help, I'll keep looking for options