Menatone - None More Black  [traced]

General documentation, gut shot, schematic links, ongoing circuit tracing, deep thoughts ... all about boutique stompboxes.
J0K3RX
Degoop Doctor
Information

Post by J0K3RX »

Belanger88 wrote:does anyone have a updated working schematic for this now? also let me know if you need any info and ill take more pics and upload them so we can get it 100% accurate... then mod the balls of it
7 posts up from this one, or just click here > https://www.freestompboxes.org/download/ ... p?id=28493

I haven't made an eagle or diptrace schematic for it, yet. It was easier for me to draw the board in Sprint while tracing it. I drew a bunch of schematic parts in Sprint a long time ago because I can just draw it right on the same page as the layout while I am looking at it... I know there is sPlan 7.0 for schematics but I ain't got it and I can just open up diptrace or eagle if needed..

albru80
Information

Post by albru80 »

The download file doesn't match the V.2 PDF.
I assume v.2 is the correct one.
If anyone is interested on vero this should fit in a 1590B size box.
I've added a charge pump.
There is a version with resistors and a version with trimmers to bias the JFets.
Attachments
Menatone NM.Black 2.png
Menatone NM.Black.png

Belanger88
Breadboard Brother
Information
my favorite amplifier: 5150lll

Post by Belanger88 »

If anyone has a reliable source for the j202's please let me know, SMD version is fine
Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.

onebuzz
Information

Post by onebuzz »

I got my SMD J202's from one of the big American suppliers. I didn't want to pay 5 or 6 dollars for thru hole. Digikey, Mouser, Newark, etc but I can't remember which one. Sorry no sound samples but it matches what I've heard on youtube. Has a very cranked amp like feel under the fingers. Kinda squishy Mesa Rectifier series amp but a different overall tone. I went straight off JOK3RX's schem and it worked fine but its not bread-board friendly due too it gain levels. No charge pump circuit because I had an 18 volt wall wart. I had to put it in an metal enclosure for it to work properly ( no squealing or chirping).

J0K3RX
Degoop Doctor
Information

Post by J0K3RX »

onebuzz wrote:I got my SMD J202's from one of the big American suppliers. I didn't want to pay 5 or 6 dollars for thru hole.
$5 or $6 for one TO-92/J202? :shock: Surely, you must have meant at least a qty of 10 for that price?

onebuzz
Information

Post by onebuzz »

I don't remember where or what site/store it was but the pricing for one thru-hole Jfet can be that and higher. Especially for the small signal/low level audio type. I have never shopped on E-bay before and I don't even have a cellphone. I built a Sabbra Cadabra workalike device and I had 4 2N3823 NOS metal can Jfets and they worked great and I got them out of a dusty bin in a surplus store for penny's. I know other types would work but as they say " Ya gotta run what ya brung " so thats what I used. You can buy the 2n3823 new from mouser---- see snippet. I have never sold or traded a pedal. Its a fun hobby I like to do on the cheap with whats on hand.
Attachments
2n3823.JPG

Belanger88
Breadboard Brother
Information
my favorite amplifier: 5150lll

Post by Belanger88 »

Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.

dv8r601
Breadboard Brother
Information
my favorite amplifier: Peavey ranger 212

Post by dv8r601 »

The eyelet size that best fit the pics of the guts are size 45(0.125 inch) I got 25, 35, 45 to see which one matched and the 45 is the right diameter, but the 35 is my preference from now on.
So there ya have it menatone eyelet size is going to be in the 43-48 range. Diameter same just hole depth changes. I attached the website datasheet for reference
Attachments
Capture+_2019-01-25-17-44-56.png