I've replaced the 1M resistor with a 10M one, but with no luck...the distortion is strong yet
Thanks for trying that out.
I've been looking at these pictures and the schematic and pouring over this today and I see something that doesn't make sense to me...Hopefully someone can clarify, and maybe this
might be the cause this time
I'm seeing some odd things happening around the Attack and Release pots...which sound like where the issues are coming from.
- It looks like that Q2 and Q3 are kind of mixed up, but according to the schematic, it doesn't matter since they're all in parallel with everything else...But consider the points below and it may be relevant (I'm not sure, I'm a novice!)
- It appears that Q3's Base is connected to D5's anode
, but the schematic shows Q2's Base going to D5's cathode
- In addition, Q2's Base appears connected to R8 only, and not to R9 and D5's anode as per the schematic
- On the schematic, C11 is connected to D5...but I can't see that on the circuit board. The connection from C11 to C8 appears correct though.
- The schematic shows the LDR LED's anode connected to Release 2 and 3, but if you follow the trace along the left-side of the board (part-side down), it connects to D3/R4/C5/etc.
- The schematic also shows the LED's cathode connected to C2 and R1. The C2 and R1 parts are connected properly, but I can't see them connecting to the LED. The LED's cathode, however, is connected to Release 2 and 3, and not the LED anode (see above point).
There might be more, especially in the Attack pot area, but it's all confusing and I haven't mapped it all out totally.
Now, I'm not intending to lead anybody down any rabbit holes here. I stress that I am new at this and I totally expect myself to be wrong on many things. I'm just hoping someone can confirm/deny/clear up my confusion.