Buffalo FX - Evolution

General documentation, gut shot, schematic links, ongoing circuit tracing, deep thoughts ... all about boutique stompboxes.
Ripdivot
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by Ripdivot »

Anyone have one? There is a gut shot on their website. Looks like some sort of muff variant but there is an op-amp on the board. Demos sound great even at low gain.

mmolteratx
Degoop Doctor
Information

Post by mmolteratx »

There was a schem up on their site for a while, dunno if it's still there. Was a voltage follower into a basic op amp gain stage, then the last three stages of the Big Muff with the tone control from the G-2, IIRC.

Ripdivot
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by Ripdivot »

Does the voltage follower use 1/2 of the op-amp or some sort of discrete transistor/fet? Did anyone happen to save the schematic?

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

If you don't want to investigate yourself, you can put a Request in the appropriate folder.
here's a gutshot that's provided on the builders page.
Buffalo Evolution gut shot
Buffalo Evolution gut shot
buffalo_evolution.jpg (52.21 KiB) Viewed 1329 times
The roots of the evolution lie in the 70s big muff which was used as the basis of the overdrive pedal made by a world renowned UK builder in the early nineties. Ive gone back to the drawing board and re-worked the muff circuit to incorporate some changes while still keeping the overdriven character of the early nineties version. The standard drive, tone and volume controls are complimented by the contour control allowing you to set the mid range response of the pedal from pronounced to more scooped.
http://www.rogueguitarshop.com/products ... -evolution#
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal

Ripdivot
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by Ripdivot »

Sorry about that modman, all these years and for some reason I've never noticed that folder. I wasn't sure I was allowed to post the gut shot from the Buffalo FX site.