Bearfoot - Silver Bee Overdrive

General documentation, gut shot, schematic links, ongoing circuit tracing, deep thoughts ... all about boutique stompboxes.
johnk
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by johnk »

does anyone here have a Bearfoot Silver Bee and could take some gut shots of it so we can see and possibly trace what the circuit is?

aion
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by aion »

I came across Effects Layouts' Silver Fox which says it's based on the Silver Bee:

I can't find any other reference to a trace of this pedal here or on any of the other forums, so maybe storyboardist could provide some insight\ on where it came from?

Greg
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Tophat Emplexador & Supreme 16.
Completed builds: LOTS..

Post by Greg »

Pics as requested. One Control though, not Bearfoot.
C4 is .22. There's no 68n that I can see so the R4 C3 high pass filter on the feedback loop is incorrect I would say.
Attachments
tn_IMG_5148.jpg
tn_IMG_5147.jpg
tn_IMG_5146.jpg
culturejam wrote: We are equal opportunity exposure artists.

storyboardist
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by storyboardist »

aionios wrote: 17 Mar 2021, 20:13 I came across Effects Layouts' Silver Fox which says it's based on the Silver Bee.

I can't find any other reference to a trace of this pedal here or on any of the other forums, so maybe storyboardist could provide some insight\ on where it came from?
A friend of mine traced it and passed it along to me. He wanted to remain anonymous. I have no reason to doubt him though, and even if it's not exactly the Silver Bee, the Silver Fox sounds awesome and I need to box it.

smear
Information

Post by smear »

aionios wrote: 17 Mar 2021, 20:13 I came across Effects Layouts' Silver Fox which says it's based on the Silver Bee:

It's interesting, I always assumed the Silver Bee was a Honey Bee with the Nature knob split in half, as Bass and Treble. That's even listed as a mod on the page for the Moody Sounds kit: "The Honey Bee Overdrive kit can be wired for Treble and Bass control where N1 and N2 each get a 50KC connected as reostat to ground and C14 made 22nF and R18 2K0." https://moodysounds.com/en/honey-bee-overdrive-kit/

The Silver Fox instead has the Treble knob on the 22nF cap to ground. The "Treble" side of the Nature knob is gone. I wonder if it sounds any different, or if it sounds basically the same and just saves a capacitor.

Also, Bjorn is really good at staying ahead of tracers by releasing new versions of everything... looks like there's also a Silver Bee with an extra "X" knob that controls dynamics: https://joespedals.com/collections/peda ... silver-bee