Yellowcake Lida Machine

General documentation, gut shot, schematic links, ongoing circuit tracing, deep thoughts ... all about boutique stompboxes.
soulsonic
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Traynor YVM-1
Completed builds: too many!

Post by soulsonic »

This is an interesting one. It is a filter with two LFOs that modulate the frequency and resonance. This is my friend's pedal and I had fun playing with it the other day. Sounds pretty cool! She currently uses it often, so I'm not sure when/if I'd get any chance to dissect it and trace, but here's some gutshots.
It appears to be a straightforward analog VCF with a couple LFOs, nothing magical or hidden going on.
Love the board design! :lol: Wish I saw fun things like this more often.
IMG_20200121_105231.jpg
IMG_20200121_105239.jpg
IMG_20200121_105301.jpg
Read more about it here: https://yellowcakepedals.bigcartel.com/ ... da-machine
"Analog electronics in music is dead. Analog effects pedal design is a dead art." - Fran

soulsonic
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Traynor YVM-1
Completed builds: too many!

Post by soulsonic »

Oh, and I will point out something you can't see in the pics. The SMD chip hiding behind the funky blue signal PCB is an LM13700 dual OTA. This would likely be used for the filter, or possibly the LFO...didn't look close enough yet to determine which.
"Analog electronics in music is dead. Analog effects pedal design is a dead art." - Fran

Nocentelli
Tube Twister
Information

Post by Nocentelli »

Thanks for this - I loved the "Knobs" YouTube demo and have considered trying to design a work-a-like, good to have it confirmed that it's 13700-based and not some fancy digital thing.

modman wrote: Let's hope it's not a hit, because soldering up the same pedal everyday, is a sad life. It's that same ole devilish double bind again...