EHX - NY-2A Optical Compressor

General documentation, gut shot, schematic links, ongoing circuit tracing, deep thoughts ... all about boutique stompboxes.
borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information
Completed builds: ...script phase90,ETI phaser,Ross phaser,mutronC200,vox wah,WH10,FW-3,mutronIII,DrQuack,Penfoldautowah,Tubezipper,
Dipthonizer,seekwah,Talkingpedal,morleywha
...soulpreacher,dynacomp,compulator
...buzzaround,fuzzfactory,screwdriver,sho,superdouper,St-9,RogerMayer octavia,Tychobrahe octavia,paralelluniverse,string damper,slowgear
...CE-2,ibanez fL301,EH theCloneTheory
EHX bassmicrosynth,EHX EnglishMuffin,Tube Phaser,springtubereverb ,greyDOD,FulldriveII mosfet,OCD,VOX repeat percussion,RingStinger,Meatball,12stage phaser....

Post by borislavgajic »

http://www.ehx.com/assets/jpg640h/ny-2a.jpg

is this too much to ask? :?: to see :?: to know?

b.

two black fingers,and magic eyes? pretty green eyes
they say 8 tubes.....2+2+2.....and 2(rectifier tubes?)

Jim-Analog
Information

Post by Jim-Analog »

Greetings,

NecroBump! If anyone is interested in this thing, I have one in the shop and can take pix, possible trace, etc. It's a fantastic sounding studio compressor, but with poor reliability, as it runs VERY hot. Mine was having an intermittent problem when in use at a friends' studio and I'd not had the time to take it apart yet. Any interest here will help motivate me. It's a large and heavy beast to hump around as well.

Regards, Jim

bumblebee
Diode Debunker
Information
my favorite amplifier: ‘65 Twin Reverb
Completed builds: Fuzz & Preamps mostly.

Post by bumblebee »

Jim-Analog wrote: 16 Jun 2021, 23:13 Greetings,

NecroBump! If anyone is interested in this thing, I have one in the shop and can take pix, possible trace, etc. It's a fantastic sounding studio compressor, but with poor reliability, as it runs VERY hot. Mine was having an intermittent problem when in use at a friends' studio and I'd not had the time to take it apart yet. Any interest here will help motivate me. It's a large and heavy beast to hump around as well.

Regards, Jim
Of course! We’re always interested in what’s inside.

:mrgreen:
I so dislike the modern digital world that I need to use semi-digital effects to emulate the analog world of cassette, VHS, and vinyl.