J. Legast, Fuzz pour Guitar, Electronique Pratique, April 1979 🇫🇷

Free online ressources on guitars, amps, effects, guitar technique and more. Dedicated to the fond memory of its founder SPeter Davidoff.
modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

Full article in PDF:
Legast Fuzz pour Guitar 1979.pdf
(1.14 MiB) Downloaded 144 times
Legast Fuzz pour Guitar 1979.jpg
Legast Fuzz pour Guitar 1979 2.jpg
Legast Fuzz pour Guitar 1979 3.jpg
Legast Fuzz pour Guitar 1979 4.jpg
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal

iznogoud
Breadboard Brother
Information
my favorite amplifier: Triaxis+Marshall 20/20+ Electrovoice

Post by iznogoud »

First Fuzz I built ca. 1986, maybe even 1985, as I got my 1st guitar before starting to practise, I remember having connected it to my radio-K7. After having started to practise in July 1986, I very soon built an amp from Radio Plans called the "Metro" using a TDA2005 (which sucked), the excellent Audax F30PA12 as a speaker and bought an Ibanez FC-10 Fat Cat
If I remember well, there was barely no sustain : if you were willing to have long notes, suddenly, your sound crashed...
Well, if you want a really dirty fuzz with few sustain, this one is for you... My then guitar-buddy who started guitar at the same time I did, was the one who came with this plan... It was a little less ugly in his ghetto blaster with 8" speakers while my double decker had only 5" ones, it was still enough disgusting for him to soon buy a Boss DF-2.
Well, our guitars were serious crap too : he had an Ibanez LP copy, but this one was lawsuit free : made of plywood! Things weren't better for me with my Musima DeLuxe25 I elected the 2nd worst guitar I ever touched, thanks to a noname Strat sold at the closest mall for X-Mas 1988 or 89 : yup, it's possible to make a worst guitar than a Musima solid body.

You can do without this fuzz... And ask yourself what kind of guy will create a fuzz w.o. footswitch, and secure the battery on the PCB using rubberbands...