Controlling 2 Relays via TRS Switch

Forum dedicated to helping people debug and troubleshoot non-functional pedals or builds. Please use an clear and informative title, indicating circuit and basic problem. Don't forget to mark the issue as fixed if this is the case.
Dominik1986
Information

Post by Dominik1986 »

Hey guys,

I built two true Bypass Relay boards. I used the Sabrotone Relay Vero Layout. Both Relays board work perfect when I control them via SPST switches (1 switch per Relay board).
I now want to use them to be switched by a TRS jack. To try this out I built a small two button switcher (like the Eventide 2-Button Aux switch).
So then I wired the footswitch cables of one relay board to the Tip and Sleeve and the footswitch cables of the second relay board to Ring and Sleeve. But now it doesn't work the same as before. Both relays just switch sometimes now, not on every press of the Footswitch. I then disconnected one of the cables which go to the Sleeve of the TRS jack. Then the relay worked as it should. So I guess it has something to do when I connect both cables to the Sleeve. How should this be wired then to get both Relays switched as they should?

Thanks for your help guys!

higginsjj
Information

Post by higginsjj »

Hey, any chance you worked out what this problem was?