TC Stereo Chorus/Flanger voltages

Forum dedicated to helping people debug and troubleshoot non-functional pedals or builds. Please use an clear and informative title, indicating circuit and basic problem. Don't forget to mark the issue as fixed if this is the case.
jdub
Information

Post by jdub »

Hi, I'm working on a TC Stereo Chorus as detailed in this post: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18002. Unfortunately, after making and populating boards, I've hit a brick wall (getting only buzz), and in order to troubleshoot need the IC voltages from a functioning unit. Would anyone who owns one be willing to take some measurements and assist? Many thanks!

jdub
Information

Post by jdub »

Apologies, meant to post this in the "Requests" forum but cannot edit or delete. :oops:

Fender3D
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by Fender3D »

jdub wrote:...in order to troubleshoot need the IC voltages from a functioning unit.
I think you'll need more than just voltages...
this is not a project to do "by numbers". you'll need to know how THESE chips work, or need to work, since there are few regulation points and bias voltages usually come from the previous chip... see BBD bias.

Voltages are more or less as usual: 1/2Vcc @ op amps pins, as per datasheets on the other chips. Variable voltages @ LFO and logic (+Vcc or GND) @ 4007 and 4016

jdub
Information

Post by jdub »

Fully agree! But you gotta start somewhere...thanks for the reply.

Scruffie
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by Scruffie »

As usual I do agree with Fender3D but, if you post your voltages, it might be possible to spot something.

jdub
Information

Post by jdub »

After audio-probing, it turns out the problem was a ground issue with the enclosed output jack, and I've got success! :horsey: Still need to calibrate and tweak, but once I do I'll post details. Might be a little while though, I'm only working on it when I have spare time. Also want to get the OK from Bajaman to post the edited PCB transfers. Thanks for the replies!

bajaman
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by bajaman »

ok by me :wink:
cheers
bajaman
be kind to all animals - especially human beings