Boss - CE300 Chorus - muting question

Forum dedicated to helping people debug and troubleshoot non-functional pedals or builds. Please use an clear and informative title, indicating circuit and basic problem. Don't forget to mark the issue as fixed if this is the case.
Lani
Solder Soldier
Information
my favorite amplifier: Bassman 5f6a
Completed builds: .....ummmm yeah. Too many to list.....

Post by Lani »

Was looking over the schematic for this Boss rack effect and cant rap my head around what this muting circuit is doing (see attached schematic). What kind of signal is going to Q12 and Q16 gates? Or am I missing something obvious..... Maybe there is supposed to be a dot where it crosses with the ring connections on the rear output-1 and front output-B jacks? But i think that would mute the output right? I feel dumb. :scratch:
Attachments
boss-ce300-chorus-schematic-muting circuit.pdf
(490.4 KiB) Downloaded 99 times

ppluis0
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by ppluis0 »

Hi Lani,

Q17, Q19 and their associated components acts as a "soft start" time delay to mute temporarily (by means of Q12 and Q16) the outputs after turn on the unit.

This is intended to avoid "pops" until all supplies stabilize.

Cheers,
Jose

Lani
Solder Soldier
Information
my favorite amplifier: Bassman 5f6a
Completed builds: .....ummmm yeah. Too many to list.....

Post by Lani »

Hi ppluis,
Ahh I see.... so if i where to build this would you recommend keeping it in there or do you think i can lose it? I wont be turning it on and off. (The power that is). Bypassing via the other fets wont be effected if I take theese out right? Thanks for the info bud.

Lani

ppluis0
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by ppluis0 »

If you take the precaution to power on all boxes, racks, processors, etc. prior to turn up the volume on your amp you can avoid the use of this feature.

Cheers,
Jose