DOD FX90 - I Think I Ruined It

Forum dedicated to helping people debug and troubleshoot non-functional pedals or builds. Please use an clear and informative title, indicating circuit and basic problem. Don't forget to mark the issue as fixed if this is the case.
blue4me
Information

Post by blue4me »

This is really embarrassing. I was in my DOD FX90 delay attempting to correct the switch problem. Two of the flying leads to the PCB broke. They are both green. I found a photo online to get the correct terminals for each wire. I blew it. My pedal was lying in the opposite direction of the photo. I got them backwards.

Did I fry the chip?

blue4me
Information

Post by blue4me »

I forgot to add, one wire goes to output jack. The other wire goes to the foot switch.

plush
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by plush »

blue4me wrote: 28 May 2020, 19:46 Did I fry the chip?
I highly doubt. Green wires in Fx90 are usually signal wires, swapping them won't burn your pedal.

Also, next time post at least a photo, goddammit. You are making other people, which are potentially trying to be of help, waste their time on googling how the insides of your pedal may look and what is what. Who knows, maybe your wiring is not original.

blue4me
Information

Post by blue4me »

Thank you. That’s encouraging. Photo coming.

blue4me
Information

Post by blue4me »

Photo deleted.
Last edited by blue4me on 28 May 2020, 21:01, edited 1 time in total.

blue4me
Information

Post by blue4me »

Photo deleted.

blue4me
Information

Post by blue4me »

Pedal is working fine. I was told the switch could be corrected by backing the two nuts on the Allen screws off a little bit, but that wasn’t the case. The switch is bad.