Joyo Ultimate Drive, 3pdt Switch.  [SOLVED]

Forum dedicated to helping people debug and troubleshoot non-functional pedals or builds. Please use an clear and informative title, indicating circuit and basic problem. Don't forget to mark the issue as fixed if this is the case.
loidrish
Information

Post by loidrish »

:thumbsup Hi everyone, The 3pdt switch of my joyo UD sometimes works sometimes not, I have tried everything trying to clean it up but still fails every now and then.

Since I use the Joyo as an always on clean boost I decided that I want to remove the switch completely, rehouse the whole thing and eventually adding a new one in the future.

My knowledge on circuit boards are almost none and my question is simple (I think), Acording to the schematic attached below would be a problem if I just simply remove the whole switch pcv with the LED and those tiny components? :hmmm:

If there is no problem doing so, Wich wires do I have to jumper to be always on when plugged.

Hope you can help me, Thanks. :thumbsup

Schematics by alblupo
Attachments
3pdt Pcv
3pdt Pcv
tmp-cam-4753638242940746181.jpg (109.37 KiB) Viewed 3159 times
Schematic
Schematic
Last edited by loidrish on 05 Jun 2020, 06:07, edited 1 time in total.

alblupo
Information

Post by alblupo »

Hi, considering pin 1 the ground (top in your picture) you have to jumper pin 3 and 5, and 4 and 6.
In this way the buffered in goes to the drive, and the drive output goes to the output jack.
Did you check the wires connecting the switch? They are very flimsy. The first thing I do, when I mod mines is to replace them with some decent wire.

Intripped
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by Intripped »

alblupo wrote: 04 Jun 2020, 04:34 Did you check the wires connecting the switch? They are very flimsy. The first thing I do, when I mod mines is to replace them with some decent wire.
+1

loidrish
Information

Post by loidrish »

alblupo wrote: 04 Jun 2020, 04:34 Hi, considering pin 1 the ground (top in your picture) you have to jumper pin 3 and 5, and 4 and 6.
In this way the buffered in goes to the drive, and the drive output goes to the output jack.
Did you check the wires connecting the switch? They are very flimsy. The first thing I do, when I mod mines is to replace them with some decent wire.
Thanks a lot, worked, problem solved.

P.S: The switch itself is internally messed up, Double checked all the connections and used the soldering iron to resolder the ribbon with no luck, Now is always on, Thanks again.