Small Stone (LM13600 or 13700)

Forum dedicated to helping people debug and troubleshoot non-functional pedals or builds. Please use an clear and informative title, indicating circuit and basic problem. Don't forget to mark the issue as fixed if this is the case.
carlozsulca12
Information

Post by carlozsulca12 »

Hello, I was reviewing the old thread of the small stone, I got to build it but it did not work and some photos of how to install the switch are no longer available.
Has anyone the schematic or any information on this pedal?
These are the files that I was able to collect from that thread, credits to those who correspond

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

The G
Grease Monkey
Information

Post by The G »

The EHX - Small Stone ( LM13600 ) thread in the Circuit Analysis > Modern Stompbox Effects (1975 - ...) forum has a schematic.

For a more modern approach you could study Build Your Own Clone (BYOC)'s Phase Royal OTA Phaser Module, which contains only the effect circuit and needs the Phase Royal, which has the box, inputs, power supply, switching and wiring. Their PDF documentation is quite good.

Scruffie
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by Scruffie »

Perhaps not... :oops:
Last edited by Scruffie on 06 Nov 2020, 14:08, edited 1 time in total.

carlozsulca12
Information

Post by carlozsulca12 »

The G wrote: 05 Nov 2020, 13:56 The EHX - Small Stone ( LM13600 ) thread in the Circuit Analysis > Modern Stompbox Effects (1975 - ...) forum has a schematic.

For a more modern approach you could study Build Your Own Clone (BYOC)'s Phase Royal OTA Phaser Module, which contains only the effect circuit and needs the Phase Royal, which has the box, inputs, power supply, switching and wiring. Their PDF documentation is quite good.
I just saw the documentation you sent and it does not show me the installation of the color switch

plush
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by plush »

carlozsulca12 wrote: 06 Nov 2020, 11:10
I just saw the documentation you sent and it does not show me the installation of the color switch
You did not specify which switch you want to install initially.

And, yes, installation of color switch is shown on the schematic mentioned above.

carlozsulca12
Information

Post by carlozsulca12 »

plush wrote: 06 Nov 2020, 12:23
carlozsulca12 wrote: 06 Nov 2020, 11:10
You did not specify which switch you want to install initially.

And, yes, installation of color switch is shown on the schematic mentioned above.
yes i was referring to the color switch i installed the switch as shown in that handmade schematic but it didn't work, and some of the old thread also mentioned that it didn't work for them

The G
Grease Monkey
Information

Post by The G »

I found some info regarding the Color switch in GeneralGuitarGadgets' documentation.
They are talking about the CA3094 version instead of the LM13600 version, but the color switch circuit seems similar. Anyway, it seems to me that all the Color switch does is feeding a fraction of the output signal into the circuit input.