Vox - repeat percussion TICKING!

Forum dedicated to helping people debug and troubleshoot non-functional pedals or builds. Please use an clear and informative title, indicating circuit and basic problem. Don't forget to mark the issue as fixed if this is the case.
tome.talevski
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by tome.talevski »

Hello! I know I know... this is an old issue with posts dating back 12 years across a range of sites.. despite giving it a crack I can't seem to figure it out. :shock:

I've just built this on Vero with some of the mods mentioned throughout a range of threads.. namely, changing the 47k resistor to 10k, changing the 10u cap to 4.7u.. I also changed the input cap to 100n. It sounds great except for the deep ticking.. this is what ive tried: lifting the 33R ground leg and the 4.7u ground leg, connecting these two together then connecting and running a wire direct to the power source ground. I tried the above with the 4.7u still in the Vero ground strip as well. I've tried connecting both ground wires to different parts of my test box.. no luck. any help would be appreciated... cheers

Vero Layout below.

Last edited by tome.talevski on 26 May 2021, 10:33, edited 1 time in total.

tome.talevski
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by tome.talevski »

Update: have now run 3 separate ground wires off the board to the power source ground ... from ground strip, from 33r and from 4.7u ground legs..... without luck. This solution has been suggested on a number of threads but isn’t working over here... hmm.. ideas??

tome.talevski
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by tome.talevski »

Nothing to see here.. ashamed to admit I didn’t spot one of the transistor leg sockets wasn’t soldered properly!

rockola
Information

Post by rockola »

tome.talevski wrote: 26 May 2021, 10:34 Nothing to see here.. ashamed to admit I didn’t spot one of the transistor leg sockets wasn’t soldered properly!
No shame, we've all been there (and may well be again)... Congrats on a successful bug hunt!