Analogguru - SDD-preamp  [documentation]

Original effects with schematics, layouts and instructions, freely contributed by members or found in publications. Cannot be used for commercial purposes without the consent of the owners of the copyright.
ieatyouforbreakfast
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by ieatyouforbreakfast »

Does Dirk's layout fit in a standard zvex/mxr box?

Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Dirk_Hendrik »

That's wat it was designed for ;)
Sorry. Plain out of planes.

http://www.dirk-hendrik.com

ryanuk
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by ryanuk »

It appears that someone has realised the commercial potential of a boxed version of the SDD3K input/output attenuators. See link.

https://trabantland.wordpress.com/2009/ ... ized-unit/

The schem can be found on the site. Similar to analoguru's work earlier in the thread but this version includes the selectable levels of attentuation.

Also the power supply is +/-15v as in the orignal unit...
All of this is powered by a standard 9V Boss adapter. A DC-to-DC converter increases the voltage to give the op amps the full 30V peak-to-peak.
In the pic on the sit I think I see the dc convertor (bloack block between the rotary switches) however, there are also some 3 pin ICs - regulators?

Can anyone take a stab a schematic or provide some thoughts on the power supply?

Whoismarykelly
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by Whoismarykelly »

Im working on a vero for this project and after building this up its dead in the water. No signal past pin 3 of the first IC but I double checked it against the schematic AG posted and everything seems correct. But now that I look at Dirk's schematic there seem to be a lot more connections on that first IC. I cant compare to his PCB layout though because there isn't enough labeling to see what goes where. Can anyone please take a look at this vero and give some insight into my noobness?

EDIT — It has occurred to me that there are no 9V connections for that first IC but there are none shown on the schematic. The Vbias produced by the 4558 is just a reference ground right? Its not supposed to be the actual power supply for the circuit right?

tictac
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by tictac »

You say there's a schematic?

Looked all over but couldn't find...

Do you remember where you saw it? :scratch:

Whoismarykelly
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by Whoismarykelly »

Figured it out with a lil help. Both ICs need ground and power connections. The schem is at the beginning of this thread.

daz
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by daz »

Anyone built this yet? Interested to hear your opinions of it.

lordkalidor80
Information
my favorite amplifier: Fender 5E3
Completed builds: Fender 5E3 "Ceriatone"; Rebote Delay 2.5; Tube Screamer; Sans Amp Classic; Wah-Wah; BOSS FA-1; BOSS SD-1; Power Supply 9V; Ultimate Buffer V2; Ruby Amp

Post by lordkalidor80 »

Hi!
I'm interested to reproduce the SDD preamp, like the SDD-3KP... anyone know how to add the two attenuator controllers/knobs in the Analogguru schematic?
Thanks!

devastator
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by devastator »

good question, actually , I'm little confuse about that (a guy asked me a SDD preamp). What will be the role of attenuator pot if you just keep the "preamp" section ?

I assume the attenuation is present to avoid clipping of the delay chips (when you plug an instrument with a high level output) , but there're any other reasons to keep it on a booster . You don't reduce the level to increase it after . Someone can say if I'm right or not ?

daz
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by daz »

Just built one based on dirk's layout. I couldn't get it working- will have to debug when I get a chance.

So Dirk's layout is verified as working?

tornadoman
Information

Post by tornadoman »

Hello guys I think it would be easier for me to find these parts if I had a parts list. If anyone wouldn't mind I surely would appreciate the list. Thanks

marketta
Information

Post by marketta »

ryanuk wrote:It appears that someone has realised the commercial potential of a boxed version of the SDD3K input/output attenuators. See link.

https://trabantland.wordpress.com/2009/ ... ized-unit/

The schem can be found on the site. Similar to analoguru's work earlier in the thread but this version includes the selectable levels of attentuation.

Also the power supply is +/-15v as in the orignal unit...
All of this is powered by a standard 9V Boss adapter. A DC-to-DC converter increases the voltage to give the op amps the full 30V peak-to-peak.
In the pic on the sit I think I see the dc convertor (bloack block between the rotary switches) however, there are also some 3 pin ICs - regulators?

Can anyone take a stab a schematic or provide some thoughts on the power supply?
hi
I have asked an information in private and I apologize me to Dirk I concern the implementation of the 2 attenuatoris but it didn't have time to answer,
Kindly I ask then to the friends of the forum: has someone made this implementation of the two attenuatoris as the original pedal that is on sale on the site Trabantland?
Can you post a PDF?
Thanks

marketta
Information

Post by marketta »

hi
I have asked an information in private and I apologize me to Dirk I concern the implementation of the 2 attenuatoris but it didn't have time to answer,
Kindly I ask then to the friends of the forum: has someone made this implementation of the two attenuatoris as the original pedal that is on sale on the site Trabantland?
Can you post a PDF?
Thanks

Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Dirk_Hendrik »

No need to apoligize at all. Your question was targetted at the SDD3k circuit AG came up with and for which I made a PCB layout. Adding the in and out attennuators like in the original SDD3k case is doable but is better off as a topic than as a PM conversation. This way others can benefit from it too ;)

marketta
Information

Post by marketta »

HI DIRK
I wanted some precise statements respect the project:

1) which taken jack J1/J2 I have to use? mono or stereo?

2) I have noticed an error respect the pins common of the button 3PDT (on the electric scheme they are 1-4-7, are the 3PDT contacts on the datasheet 2-5-8 instead, is it what I say? )

3) I send you photo to see what I have drawn.

make to know me

a regard
Mario

Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Dirk_Hendrik »

And I replied to that email yesterday by email.
Standard stereo jecks.
The bypass switching is correct. I've built this project multiple times without a problem.

marketta
Information

Post by marketta »

to resolve the error of the block of the effect, when the P1 is to zero and the effect doesn't increase anymore, I have resolved modifying the partitoris R1-R2; R4-R6 of entry U1/A U1/B
This way doing increases otherwise the profit it is had to put at the most the profit of the ampifier.
To add the 2 attenuatorses for the time being I don't perform her, for now it is all right this way.
Made to feel Dirk

Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Dirk_Hendrik »

Marketta,

Please get help translating your posts from Italian to English. The thing that comes out of your translation application doesn't make any sense ;)

marketta
Information

Post by marketta »

I am sorry of my poor man English but I use the translator Power TRASLATOR 7 I cannot do other.
I have put some different partitors to increase the gain

Duckman
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by Duckman »

Dirk, tell me something: this proyect can be done using a TL074? Any disadvantage? Just guessing... :hmmm: