Recommendations for breadboards

Ok, you got your soldering iron and nothing is going to hold you back, but you have no clue where to start or what to build. There were others before you with the same questions... read them first.
menlow
Information

Post by menlow »

I'm interested in picking up a breadboard off ebay (preferably with free shipping). Anyone have any recommendations for some boards that are up for auction right now?

I'm looking at something like this one or this one. I've never bought one so I thought I'd throw it out there. Thanks guys!

Dr Tony Balls
Diode Debunker
Information
my favorite amplifier: Sunn Model T

Post by Dr Tony Balls »

those are both probably fine but i'm not sure WHY you'd limit yourself to ebay. there are tons of great ones everywhere (amazon?) and sparkfun even has some weird ones depending what you like:

http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/categories.php?c=149

if you're looking to get one specifically for stompbox use i'd look long and hard at the beavis board, too. You might not want to buy it, but you will undoubtedly want to make your own at some point.

http://www.beavisaudio.com/bboard/

menlow
Information

Post by menlow »

Ebay is great because a lot of that stuff has free shipping. It's like a Jedi mind trick I play on myself, that since there's free shipping I don't feel so bad about buying.

The Beavis board is pretty happening but at this point I just need to get my feet wet.

bigmufffuzzwizz
Breadboard Brother
Information
my favorite amplifier: 1973 Sunn Model T

Post by bigmufffuzzwizz »

I wish the beavis board was still for sale. Even though you can build for one for less than $40 :wink:
Magic Pedals Home of The Shrine Fuzz!