Seamoon - Funk Machine  [schematic]

Discussion regarding early stompbox technology: 1960-1975 Please keep discussion focused and contribute what info you have...
negrosinfe
Information
my favorite amplifier: Marshall

Post by negrosinfe »

Thank you so much for your time Rhandy! This pedal is a dream to me, I will be waiting for your work.

cheers!
When I'm attacked by Christians, I proudly repond: Your GOD was nailed to the cross, mine has a hammer in his hand, draw your own conclusions... Nergal (Behemoth)

rhandy gaye
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by rhandy gaye »

version II
Attachments
seamoon funk copy.pdf
(546.08 KiB) Downloaded 505 times

rhandy gaye
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by rhandy gaye »

p.s.

version II has the 5M pot and 47K resistor in series.

for version I, replace these with just a 470K resistor.

i've made it both ways, and it is funking awesome.

cheers.

negrosinfe
Information

Post by negrosinfe »

Thanks again my friend Rhandy! :D :D
I will try to assemble the Funk Machine this weekend.
You have a new friend from Buenos Aires, Argentina... have a nice weekend! :thumbsup

(Sorry for my poor english...)
When I'm attacked by Christians, I proudly repond: Your GOD was nailed to the cross, mine has a hammer in his hand, draw your own conclusions... Nergal (Behemoth)

rhandy gaye
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by rhandy gaye »

no worries mate, your english is fine.

cheers.

negrosinfe
Information

Post by negrosinfe »

Rhandy... it's me again... :oops:

I have problems with the wiring... in the next pic, what is that?

cheers!

rhandy gaye
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by rhandy gaye »

hi,
don't stress or worry, i'll do a better drawing for you over the next day or two. :D

mictester
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Mesa Boogie, Roost Sessionmaster, AC30
Completed builds: Hundreds! Mostly originals, a few clones and lots of modifications.

Post by mictester »

negrosinfe wrote:Rhandy... it's me again... :oops:

I have problems with the wiring... in the next pic, what is that?

cheers!
It's the bypass switch.
"Why is it humming?" "Because it doesn't know the words!"

sinner
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by sinner »

Semen Fook Machine :mrgreen:

negrosinfe
Information

Post by negrosinfe »

rhandy gaye wrote:hi,
don't stress or worry, i'll do a better drawing for you over the next day or two. :D

Hi Rhandy! have you got the new drawing ready?

Thanks in advance,
Max

negrosinfe
Information

Post by negrosinfe »

Rhandy, have you got the offboard wiring for the SFM?

Cheers!
Max

greenskull
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by greenskull »

negrosinfe wrote:Rhandy, have you got the offboard wiring for the SFM?

Cheers!
Max
Max: Refer to the bypass switch wiring instructions at generalguitargadgets.com for ideas.
Are the two input wires confusing you?
One input wire goes to the board (the trace pad leading to the 47k resistor) and another "input" wire to lug 3 of the 50k pot.
fuck smooth tone, fuck eric johnson - Seiche

greenskull
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by greenskull »

http://generalguitargadgets.com/tech-pa ... ng-options

Choose the option for your switch type and what kind of power (battery or adapter or both).
fuck smooth tone, fuck eric johnson - Seiche

rhandy gaye
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by rhandy gaye »

hope this helps
Attachments
smsm copy.pdf
(426.74 KiB) Downloaded 277 times

negrosinfe
Information

Post by negrosinfe »

Thanks Rhandy! But the pedal doesn't work correctly... I used a 50k linear pot for Sensivity and 1M log pot for Range, and the Sensivity pot seams like dead, it doesn't respond at all... i changed three 50k pots with the same result.
The 1M log pot gives me treble and bass sounds if i turn it side to side...
I used an AC188 instead of NTE95.

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

rhandy gaye
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by rhandy gaye »

hi,

if you send me a mailing address i will build you one for free. i've got some other builds to complete but, if you are willing to wait 4 weeks i will send you one.

for now i'm not sure how to help, maybe replace the 1m potand 47k resistor with a fixed 470k resistor (build version one) and work backwards from there.

merry christmas and get back to me about the pedal.

merry christmas.

LucifersTrip
Resistor Ronker
Information
my favorite amplifier: Companion Psychedelic Machine
Completed builds: Mosrite Fuzzrite (Si), Mosrite Fuzzrite (Ge)[2], Get Lo-Fi Fuzz, Fuzz Face (Ge) [2], Fuzz Face (Si) [3], Mos-Face, Vox Tone Bender, Kay Tremolo, Os Mutantes Fuzz [2], Psychedelic Fuzz, Smokey Amp, Sunn Buzz, Jen Fuzz, Fancy Fuzzbox, Muff Fuzz (op amp) [2], Buzz Box, Fuzz King, Rangemaster [5], Maestro FZ - 2/3, Ruby Amp, Orpheum Fuzz (Ge) [4], Great Destroyer, Schizo, Carlsbro Suzz, Shin-Ei Companion Fuzz (si), DOD 250 Gray [2], Super Dirt Fuzz, Fuzz Factory, Jordan Boss Tone, Sam Ash Fuzzz Boxx, Heathkit TA-28 Fuzz, Olson New Sound Fuzz, LRE Fuzz Sound, Green Ringer, Vox Super Beatle (Ge), Colorsound One Knob (Ge), Demon Buzzz [2], Demon Wasp v1, Demon Wasp v2, Super Hard-On, Bazz Fuss, Burns Buzzaround [2], Selmer Buzztone, Shin-Ei Companion Fuzz (Ge), Fuzz Face/FY-2 (Ge), Zonk Machine, Univox Squarewave, Demon Fuzzz, Mosrite Fuzzrite BG-500/1000 (Ge), Univox Superfuzz, Marshall Supa Fuzz, Demon Monster, AA Overdrive/ Retro Fuzz, Tone Bender MKII, Psychtar, Jordan Vica Vibe, etc...

Post by LucifersTrip »

great thread....just a quick recap to make sure I've got it correct.

I changed .047's > .05's because of the gutshot:

Version 1

Version 2

according to:
http://www.effectsdatabase.com/model/se ... unkmachine

there is:
"Hi/Lo (on some v1 models) Selects the frequency range in which the filter moves."

where is that "switch"?

negrosinfe
Information

Post by negrosinfe »

rhandy gaye wrote:hi,

if you send me a mailing address i will build you one for free. i've got some other builds to complete but, if you are willing to wait 4 weeks i will send you one.

for now i'm not sure how to help, maybe replace the 1m potand 47k resistor with a fixed 470k resistor (build version one) and work backwards from there.

merry christmas and get back to me about the pedal.

merry christmas.
Merry Christmas Rhandy!
I will try your suggestions, i send you a PM.

Cheers!

LucifersTrip
Resistor Ronker
Information
my favorite amplifier: Companion Psychedelic Machine
Completed builds: Mosrite Fuzzrite (Si), Mosrite Fuzzrite (Ge)[2], Get Lo-Fi Fuzz, Fuzz Face (Ge) [2], Fuzz Face (Si) [3], Mos-Face, Vox Tone Bender, Kay Tremolo, Os Mutantes Fuzz [2], Psychedelic Fuzz, Smokey Amp, Sunn Buzz, Jen Fuzz, Fancy Fuzzbox, Muff Fuzz (op amp) [2], Buzz Box, Fuzz King, Rangemaster [5], Maestro FZ - 2/3, Ruby Amp, Orpheum Fuzz (Ge) [4], Great Destroyer, Schizo, Carlsbro Suzz, Shin-Ei Companion Fuzz (si), DOD 250 Gray [2], Super Dirt Fuzz, Fuzz Factory, Jordan Boss Tone, Sam Ash Fuzzz Boxx, Heathkit TA-28 Fuzz, Olson New Sound Fuzz, LRE Fuzz Sound, Green Ringer, Vox Super Beatle (Ge), Colorsound One Knob (Ge), Demon Buzzz [2], Demon Wasp v1, Demon Wasp v2, Super Hard-On, Bazz Fuss, Burns Buzzaround [2], Selmer Buzztone, Shin-Ei Companion Fuzz (Ge), Fuzz Face/FY-2 (Ge), Zonk Machine, Univox Squarewave, Demon Fuzzz, Mosrite Fuzzrite BG-500/1000 (Ge), Univox Superfuzz, Marshall Supa Fuzz, Demon Monster, AA Overdrive/ Retro Fuzz, Tone Bender MKII, Psychtar, Jordan Vica Vibe, etc...

Post by LucifersTrip »

negrosinfe wrote:Thanks Rhandy! But the pedal doesn't work correctly... I used a 50k linear pot for Sensivity and 1M log pot for Range, and the Sensivity pot seams like dead, it doesn't respond at all... i changed three 50k pots with the same result.
The 1M log pot gives me treble and bass sounds if i turn it side to side...
I used an AC188 instead of NTE95.

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
just a quick note....I just breadboarded it with a couple LM741CN's from Radio Shack and a 2n5088 and I'm getting exactly what you are. The 50K has no effect and the 5M works as a bass/treble. Though, it does work as a pretty good overdrive and adds sustain.

I took it one step further and pulled the transistor...same thing...so I pulled the 2nd 741....same thing.

I bet the same thing will happen for you. The bottom line is that the 2nd 741 is doing nothing and we're getting an overdrive thru the 1st 741.
Either we both hooked it up wrong or we're both using IC's that don't work in this circuit.

Does anyone have the voltages of a working unit?

rhandy gaye
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by rhandy gaye »

hi,

i'm not sure what's going on for you guys but i've built a few of these and they all worked.

i'm going away for a short holiday but when i get back i'll post a video of one.

i really wish i could help more.

good luck, i hope you get them working.