Wah v846 build problems

Forum dedicated to helping people debug and troubleshoot non-functional pedals or builds. Please use an clear and informative title, indicating circuit and basic problem. Don't forget to mark the issue as fixed if this is the case.
HHR18
Information

Post by HHR18 »

I just finished my own Vox v486 using a Pigeon FX PCB but the wah doesn't seem to work. When I press down on the pedal I only get more treble and volume. It doesn't wah. I'm reading that this could be due to a an open inductor. The one I build has a Sabbadius inductor but my when using my old dunlop inductor (from a crybaby) I have the same problem. What else can be going on here? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
ImageImageImageImage

CHEEZOR
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by CHEEZOR »

Check that electrolytic capacitor. If its not good or reversed polarity, then that could probably cause those problems.

HHR18
Information

Post by HHR18 »

Still haven't got it working. Here is a short audio clip showing my problem. First is the clean sound then I'm slowly turning the pot (by hand). The wah goes from very low volume to more trebly. I checked the inductor and it shows a resistance of about 25 ohms so that seem to be working. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/137602/sd.wav

HHR18
Information

Post by HHR18 »

Here are some additional photos! I can't for the life of me figure out what's going on! Another strange thing is, is that one of the transistors has all pins with a voltage of about 8, while the other has normal voltages! Could this be a ground problem?
ImageImageImageImage

HHR18
Information

Post by HHR18 »

SOLVED!! Had Q1 in the wrong pin configuration!

CHEEZOR
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by CHEEZOR »

Thanks for posting the solution! This may help others in the future. :)