Barcus Berry 1330 Pre amp Part ID I could use some help

Looking for a particular component or hardware part and you just cannot find it? Got comoonents surplus and want to get rid of it? Post it all here... No sales of working pedals, put these in the 'Seen for sale' section please.
smitty2
Information

Post by smitty2 »

I Have a vintage Barcus Berry 1330 That crapped out a local Picker came to me for help trying to fix his pedal he is attached to it, uses it for his Banjo I need to know what the part is in the pic here it is got the numbers 700-002 on it , it is in the top of the photo Thanks ahead of time https://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh2 ... s/08-1.jpg anybody know what this is ??? I cant find a schematic for it either

robinbowes
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by robinbowes »

Without any better pics, they look like caps - mustard caps. 0.002uF/700V ??

Why not desolder and do some measuring?

R.

Zokk
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by Zokk »

They look a bit different in mine, but I agree with robinbowes they seem to be capacitors.
They remind my some styroflex as you can see here (but value is unreadable):
Attachments
IMGA0395.JPG

smitty2
Information

Post by smitty2 »

Hi thanks guys Yes i did measure. He pulled one and put a resistor 680 ohm in, that was the way he brought it to me. I measured the one he left in and it measured about 850 ohms in circuit i lifted a leg and it did act like a cap it measured and climbed to infinate/ no reading I had him bring me the old one he pulled and it measured about 250 ohms steady and had a tiny pin hole in the finish coating, didnt look to be burned in any way. I re-installed it and it acted the same low output no effect with the senitivity but volume did work just low output, bass and treble worked also.. I sugested a new op amp, only one in town was a NTE equvilant.. YUK.. for 7 bucks. He went to get it and they didnt have one i looked up a comprable replacement and came up with a LM4250 or CA3078. I notice yours has a green stripe rather than a green dot, you think they would use a 700v cap in this ?? He said he bought it in 1972 or so I asked Barcus Berry for a schemo, no reply .. Still wondering but thanks for the input. please hit me up should you figure out any more I as still searching they remind me of some of the old caps in a vintage big muff come to think of it ..Thanks guys

Zokk
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by Zokk »

smitty2 wrote: I notice yours has a green stripe rather than a green dot, you think they would use a 700v cap in this ??
Yes that's a bit strange to see that kind of green marking, in fact on mine they seem to have been all green and painted in black only on the ends... they seem to be enclosed in a thick piece of tranparent heatshrink tube :scratch:

If I measure mine in circuit with the ohm meter I got 1K3 & 1K5 with the bass pot at max, and 1K55 & 1K57 with the pot set at minimum... no really the same as yours.
The best would be to measure them with a capacitance-meter if you have one.

tube-exorcist
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by tube-exorcist »

that are inductors and probably they are not broken or the cause for the low output.
"I've noticed there's an inverse relationship between cost of gear and talent. If you need the most expensive gear to get decent tones, then you suck as a player."