Carl Martin - PlexiTone  [traced]

General documentation, gut shot, schematic links, ongoing circuit tracing, deep thoughts ... all about boutique stompboxes.
Karissimo
Information

Post by Karissimo »

I've built the PlexiTone according to bucksears' layout about a week ago (I'm a total noob btw), and it works like a charm. :thumbsup Many thanks, man. :)

I'm actually going to have my first gig tomorrow with the pedal, and I hope it kicks ass. Will post a pic of it finished...

Many, many thanx for all the effort all of you guys put in... Such a great, sharing group of people. Keep up the awesome work...

bucksears
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by bucksears »

Karissimo wrote:I've built the PlexiTone according to bucksears' layout about a week ago (I'm a total noob btw), and it works like a charm. :thumbsup Many thanks, man. :)

I'm actually going to have my first gig tomorrow with the pedal, and I hope it kicks ass. Will post a pic of it finished...

Many, many thanx for all the effort all of you guys put in... Such a great, sharing group of people. Keep up the awesome work...
Good luck with it - I'm the world's worst about starting several projects at the same time and they just linger forever. They (the Plexitone and AC-tone) both sound great. I'm really interested in hearing how the new (small box) ones from Carl Martin sound.

Karissimo
Information

Post by Karissimo »

Here's a pic of how everything turned out in the end... Once again, many thanks to everybody who made this build possible, with their efforts to figure everything out... :thumbsup

andregarcia57
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by andregarcia57 »

I'm riding boneyard (plexitone) and I wonder

I'm shopping at Farnell and I would like to know also the difference of 1044

LTC1044CN8#PBF
TC1044SCPA

http://www.farnellnewark.com.br/ci8pdip ... 00269.aspx

either one will work in the boneyard?
thanks

Ang3lus
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Ang3lus »

you need the scpa version.

it doesn't ossoclilate, or something, don't remember anymore, just know that you need the SCPA and nothing else

andregarcia57
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by andregarcia57 »

Ang3lus wrote:you need the scpa version.

it doesn't ossoclilate, or something, don't remember anymore, just know that you need the SCPA and nothing else
grateful Ang3lus....

would that be?
http://www.farnellnewark.com.br/ciconve ... 80615.aspx

Ang3lus
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Ang3lus »

yep

fretzburner
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by fretzburner »

Built this using the boneyard schematic but built to original specs.Sounds good but the boost volume control seems too big or maybe log pot is best for it.My boost knob is always at minimum around 1 or 1.5 only and it's very loud.Is B500k really the right value?
Thanks

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

Could anybody repost and attach the original 3rd version schematic?
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal

The G
Grease Monkey
Information

Post by The G »

This one?
Carl Marin Plexitone_sch_rev3.gif

kdmay
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by kdmay »

FloydFan wrote:This trafo will work well ? http://www.banzaieffects.com/Hahn-BVEI3 ... 24062.html

As suggested by ODwan , the 80-90 mA should be total (like 2x40-45) or for each side (2x80-90) ?

thanks
Digging up a very old thread here.

I am in the process of converting a 110v Plexitone to 230v for a mate here in Australia (who innocently bought one from the US without knowing it was 110v).

I bought a Block VB 2.3/2/15, but when fitting it unfortunately it's 4-6mm too high.

They have a VB 1.5/2/15 which would be perfect, but it only delivers 50ma per secondary vs. 76ma as per the 2.3VA version I bought.

Any ideas what current this circuit draws with the LF347? Would 50ma per side be enough?

Thanks in advance

Pyr0
Information

Post by Pyr0 »

The LF347 has a max current draw of 11mA according to the datasheet, so 50mA is more than enough.

kdmay
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by kdmay »

Pyr0 wrote:The LF347 has a max current draw of 11mA according to the datasheet, so 50mA is more than enough.
What about losses through the voltage regulator etc?

soundclone
Information

Post by soundclone »

I can't find LF347 in local store. Can I subtitute with TL074?

giannyx
Information

Post by giannyx »

reubster wrote:Correct you are TIP142.
Big appologies to all...... :oops:
I must have attached the wrong file, here is the right one:

Note
21 cut tracks: a4,a13,a16,b7,b13,b20,c12,d7,d12,d15,e13,e16,f4,f12,f15,g13,h3,h7,h13,h20,i9,
6 jumpers: [note d13 - f13 - j13]
Sorry reubster, if i would use this veroboard layout with a simply 9V power supply, what kind of modifies should i have to do?

:hmmm:

Thanks a lot, but i'd like to realize this one, but with 9V (boss compatible) power supply... :P

THANKS GUYS!

:popcorn:

andregarcia57
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by andregarcia57 »

anyone have photos inside the new 2012 model, single channel plexitone?

Winther
Information
my favorite amplifier: Hiwatt, Laney, Fender, vox...
Completed builds: Plexitone, AC-Tone, DC-Drive, Opto-Comp, drivesection of the Quattro, inputs on the Echotone, Classic Flanger, Classic chorus....all together with the real mind behind those things, Thomas Guldmann.....I am just the ears and second opinion.
Modded a few Tubescreamers, one YJM DOD drive, a few Blues Drivers, one Ibanez Metal Charger, destroyed a huge number of pedals as well...haha

Post by Winther »

It is mostly SMD stuff now, and one big coil and some extra parts for the new powersupply setup!
Same LED's as in the normal big version.

bucksears
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by bucksears »

Winther wrote:It is mostly SMD stuff now, and one big coil and some extra parts for the new powersupply setup!
Same LED's as in the normal big version.
I heard about the SMD stuff, and that's a shame; can't really put that 'handmade in Denmark' statement on the box now, huh?
Still, I wouldn't mind tracing it out for parts values; supposedly the new one has less bass/treble and a wider range of gain from mild breakup to high-gain/hot-rodded Marshall.

Winther
Information
my favorite amplifier: Hiwatt, Laney, Fender, vox...
Completed builds: Plexitone, AC-Tone, DC-Drive, Opto-Comp, drivesection of the Quattro, inputs on the Echotone, Classic Flanger, Classic chorus....all together with the real mind behind those things, Thomas Guldmann.....I am just the ears and second opinion.
Modded a few Tubescreamers, one YJM DOD drive, a few Blues Drivers, one Ibanez Metal Charger, destroyed a huge number of pedals as well...haha

Post by Winther »

The only real new thing is the powersupply.
A few lowered values on resistors, changed the filtering some....
The print is dual layered and pain in the ass to be honest :wink:
The gain has always been like this, but now nobody has that effing first "channel" to use as an excuse....it is actually back to how it started out, never was a big fan of the dual mode myself, the first prototypes where HDB boxes, one od with boost.
Then some annoying suggestion led to the dual channel thing......never liked it much.
This simple version is way preferable.

The AC-Tone on the other hand, has a LF347 op-amp now, different clippers as well, BC-549's we also uses the diode bridge there, cheaper but they did sound better then the old ones.
Also it can go from the usual light clip to way more overdriven tones, but people are obsessed by the PT.....haha oh well.

Working on more smallsized pedals as well now...
As for handmade in DK, it is a question of manpower and money, we live in a stupid overtaxed country that does not reward people who wanna do something themselves, this is a move out of necessity.
Many do not realise that CM is rather small company......as in really small.
Right now it is how it is, maybe it will change later on??
Dunno economics is a tiresome subject.

Fuzzero21
Information

Post by Fuzzero21 »

Gonna build Plexituna and Acetone for myself, anyone made an Eagle file I could use to order boards? PM me.