Transistor Pinout?

Ok, you got your soldering iron and nothing is going to hold you back, but you have no clue where to start or what to build. There were others before you with the same questions... read them first.
roncg41677
Information

Post by roncg41677 »

I am building a DA Fuzz Face clone with 2 1t308b transistors (PNP Germanium). I'm having trouble finding accurate information about determining the collector and emitter. There is a red dot on the top, and I had read that that would be the collector, but then I read somewhere else that that is reversed on PNP's and it would actually be the emitter? Does anyone know which is correct? And could I have fried the transistors if I wired them in backwards and hooked up the battery?

Thanks!

Livitation
Information
my favorite amplifier: Bogner Shiva
Completed builds: Pro co Rat all in one,Boss DS-1,Sansamp Classic,Sansamp GT-2 with tube first stage,Fuzz Face BC 108C,Roger Mayer Axis Fuzz,Univox Super Fuzz,ROG Thor,MI Audio Crunch Box,Modded TS808,Dallas Arbiter Rangemaster with tone pot,Tonebender MKii,MXR Blue Box,EHX Bass BAlls,Alembic F2B,Lovepedal Purple Plexi,Dr.Boogie,Zombie Chorus,Colorsound One knob Fuzz,Marshall 18 Watt, Fender 5E1,Matsumins Valvecaster.

Post by Livitation »

Hello
For this transistor Collector is the midle leg ,the body basicly.
Red dot is Emiter for sure.

Good luck with your build now!
Do everything with love!

roncg41677
Information

Post by roncg41677 »

Thank you for the help! I didn't update but actually found it online. The specs were in Russian, but someone suggested using Google Translate to figure out which was which. Finally got it, although unfortunately I fried them both :( . I picked up some cheap PNP Silicon transistors at Radio Shack and used them to get the circuit working, and have some AC128's on the way :D .