US supplier of stripboard for tonebender build.

Looking for a particular component or hardware part and you just cannot find it? Got comoonents surplus and want to get rid of it? Post it all here... No sales of working pedals, put these in the 'Seen for sale' section please.
dkm4ever
Information

Post by dkm4ever »

Hello everyone. It's a new year and I wanted to be the first to ask a silly newbie question.

I am having the hardest time finding a U.S. supplier for nice stripboard. Think old tonebender and basically all nice pedals of the 60's type of stripboard. Mainly because I'm doing a mojo build (despite my feelings on mojo and religion all together). I have searched this forum and all links have brought up dead ends. I think I'm looking for .15" pitch... Nice big holes... If that's incorrect I would love to know what I should be looking for. I've used standard vero to build a few things but the big stripboard is like Bigfoot.

Does anyone know a good source in the U.S.?

And at least I didn't start the first Klon thread of the year. But really... Resale of the ktr is at $500! WTF?

danielzink
Resistor Ronker
Information
Completed builds: Too many: www.danielzink.com

Post by danielzink »

I just got 6 sheets of 94x53mm from Mammoth:

http://www.mammothelectronics.com/94x53 ... 0-1001.htm

hth, Dan
http://www.danielzink.com
MoonWatcher wrote: Silent ain't better. If someone cracks the shitwind, I want to know what's headed my way. Silence is for the library and the cemetery.

dkm4ever
Information

Post by dkm4ever »

Thank you! I forgot about mammoth!

Ordering now!

Dkm

phibes
Transistor Tuner
Information
my favorite amplifier: HIWATT motherfucker!

Post by phibes »

Isn't the Mammoth stuff standard pitch though? I've always had to order from Allied to get the bigger pitch stuff from the UK.
GuitarlCarl - "TGP = The Gear Polishers"

Image Ken

dkm4ever
Information

Post by dkm4ever »

I guess I need to investigate further. maybe i will do a massive shipment and sell them here in the US. It's crazy really.

Dr Tony Balls
Diode Debunker
Information
my favorite amplifier: Sunn Model T

Post by Dr Tony Balls »

There are no great options for sripboard in the US. Smallbear and Mammoth have it but in small sheets and at higher prices. Also its all the .1" pitch.

You can order the real stuff through Allied but it ships from their UK counterpart meaning theres a base fee associated with it. Its a lot if you just want a sheet, but if you get a bunch its not so bad. Thats also the only way I know of to get the .15" pitch stuff.

The real deal is from futurlec where you can get a bigger sheet of .1" pitch for $1.95. The only drawback is that you have to wait for it to ship from Asia.

SpencerPedals
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by SpencerPedals »

I had the same issue when I was looking around a few days ago, with no luck. I'm also in the U.S. If you find a supplier of the .15 stuff, I'd be interested as well.

Seiche
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Seiche »

didn't sinner get some 0.15 made?

Max Cohen
Breadboard Brother
Information
Completed builds: Ikea Dining Table

Post by Max Cohen »

Email peps! (Brook)
He shipps all over the world and he also have some kind of good deal with RS
AFAIK sinner wont do any trades with that, and i know quite a lot about him ;-)
Welcome to freestompboxes.org
We can help... But we won't ;-)

Turretboard.org now with forum
TB.org on Facebook

davent
Information

Post by davent »

phibes
Transistor Tuner
Information

Post by phibes »

Yeah the RS fee import fee is a bitch. Is it still 20 bucks? I'd throw in for some, I'm sure some other Yanks on this board would too.

Image Ken

dkm4ever
Information

Post by dkm4ever »

alright I'm going to find a good international supplier and make sure I'm getting what people need, then I will order enough for everyone (or at least a few!). Tandy looks pretty promising. But I will find the great stuff and get back to everyone. Seems like this is the only option.

Max Cohen
Breadboard Brother
Information
Completed builds: Ikea Dining Table

Post by Max Cohen »

Dudes, just fuckin email Brook. It will be cheeper and shipping fees are low as the level of my sense of humor
Welcome to freestompboxes.org
We can help... But we won't ;-)

Turretboard.org now with forum
TB.org on Facebook

Dr Tony Balls
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by Dr Tony Balls »

phibes wrote:Yeah the RS fee import fee is a bitch. Is it still 20 bucks? I'd throw in for some, I'm sure some other Yanks on this board would too.

I'm being the guinea pig. Just ordered and it charged me NO fee or shipping, for that matter. I'll report back if that changes.

phibes
Transistor Tuner
Information

Post by phibes »

Dr Tony Balls wrote:
phibes wrote:Yeah the RS fee import fee is a bitch. Is it still 20 bucks? I'd throw in for some, I'm sure some other Yanks on this board would too.

I'm being the guinea pig. Just ordered and it charged me NO fee or shipping, for that matter. I'll report back if that changes.
Damn, not bad than! Last few times I cross ordered with RS sku's it always added 20.00. Do keep us updated!
Max Cohen wrote:Dudes, just fuckin email Brook. It will be cheeper and shipping fees are low as the level of my sense of humor
Little man, little sense of humor.

Image Ken

Dr Tony Balls
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by Dr Tony Balls »

phibes wrote:
Dr Tony Balls wrote:

Damn, not bad than! Last few times I cross ordered with RS sku's it always added 20.00. Do keep us updated!

Could be because I ordered a lot? 2 big ass sheets each of .1 and .15 pitch, along with an ass-ton of heatshrink so it was like $90.

lowbrow
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by lowbrow »

It's Canada, but I buy from this guy all the time and it's no hassle and quick. He doesn't have 0.15 pitch in phenolic, but he does have it in epoxy fiber:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Veroboard-15-x ... 256b405e96

Dr Tony Balls
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by Dr Tony Balls »

Dr Tony Balls wrote:
phibes wrote:
Dr Tony Balls wrote:

Could be because I ordered a lot? 2 big ass sheets each of .1 and .15 pitch, along with an ass-ton of heatshrink so it was like $90.

Came today, ten days from ordering. No shipping, no duty fee. Also I got HUGE vero sheets....like 12" x 20"

phibes
Transistor Tuner
Information

Post by phibes »

Yeah maybe the price waived it. I think the orders I placed were only round 50 bucks.

Did you get the RS marked board?

Image Ken