PCB Manufacturer recommendations

Frequently asked question on the subject of designing, creating, producing printed boards, veroboards or perfboads and on point-to-point construction techniques.
tdkrause
Information

Post by tdkrause »

I have a design that is ready to go into production and I'm looking for a good PCB manufacturer. I've been dealing with a company in the US that makes high quality stuff, but for a batch of full spec boards their prices are beyond my reach. I'm a little nervous about dealing with overseas companies because I know that there are a lot of scammers out there and I don't want to deal with quality issues. Who have you bought circuit boards from in the past that has offered reasonable prices, quick turnaround and good quality? They must be capable of producing through-plated boards.

coldcraft
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by coldcraft »

i've had good experiences with silvercircuits.com
Black Dynamite wrote:you need to shut the fuck up when grown folks is talkin.

aion
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by aion »

If the board is less than 5cmx5cm (1.95"x1.95"), check out Seeed Studio's Fusion PCB service:
http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/fusion ... p-835.html

If it's larger, it's still a heck of a deal, but it'll depend on your dimensions. The price jumps quite a bit for each 5cm increment on either side, so for example even a 6x6cm board ends up being more than double the cost of 5x5, but a 5x10 is somewhere between the two. But my goodness, 10 boards shipped to the US for about $15 is hard to beat. Top quality - and they usually end up sending extras too. One time they sent me 56 boards for an order of 50.

mictester
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Mesa Boogie, Roost Sessionmaster, AC30
Completed builds: Hundreds! Mostly originals, a few clones and lots of modifications.

Post by mictester »

tdkrause wrote: I'm a little nervous about dealing with overseas companies
Why? This xenophobic insularity just harms business in the USA!

I'm happy to buy components, boxes, and PCBs from anywhere that offers a good deal. I've only been scammed once, but PayPal took care of that, and I got my money back (and the Ebay account of the scammer was closed and his details passed to his local Police).
"Why is it humming?" "Because it doesn't know the words!"