Sustain Punch - Creamy Dreamer

General documentation, gut shot, schematic links, ongoing circuit tracing, deep thoughts ... all about boutique stompboxes.
Nicht Bernd
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Nicht Bernd »

@theehman
Thanks! :applause:

warioblast
Information

Post by warioblast »

Hi guys I need help true bypassing my Creamy Dreamer.
I thought I did it right years ago; the CD has been on my pedalboard for several years and while using a Voodoo Lab power supply everything was fine.
Yesterday I decided to sell my CD and took it off my board. I checked if the battery snap was still ok, and I realised the LED could still light up even with the input jack unplugged. :(
As a test, I put a rechargeable battery in it last night, and as I feared it, this morning it turns out the pedal drained the battery all night.
What have done wrong ?
Attachments
cd.jpg

astrobass
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by astrobass »

Can't see anything useful in that photo, but: the black wire for the battery snap shouldn't connect directly to anything except for the ring lug on the stereo input jack. The black wire from the DC input, the LED's ground wire, and the circuit's ground should all connect to the sleeve lug.

That way the battery's circuit can't be closed unless something connects the sleeve and ring contacts together - such as the sleeve of your mono patch cable.

Edit: I think the black wire from the DC jack could also move to the ring lug, if you don't want it to be possible to power on the pedal without an instrument connected while on DC, but if that's one more thing to change I'd probably be lazy enough not to bother.

warioblast
Information

Post by warioblast »

I came back to delete my post cuz I fixed it. I wasn't expecting a fast response. I went to see wiring diagrams on GGG and the black wire from the DC is now soldered to ground instead of the input ring. Astrobass, Thx for you concern though.