Boss - OD-2 Turbo Overdrive  [schematic]

All about modern commercial stompbox circuits from Electro Harmonix over MXR, Boss and Ibanez into the nineties.
gambitpawn1
Information

Post by gambitpawn1 »

i have a boss od-2r and i am concidering moding a blend pot into it verses just buying a boss ls-2. i found this pedals sounds good with my bass but i would like a wet/dry mix.

this is the page that i am using the schematic from for the pedal, i was hoping for a little guidence on where i should try to make my connections/breaks for a blend pot if possible. i have not opened the pedal yet to see if there is any room in it for the pot, but worse case i can put it in a different box and maybe a true bypass... one step at a time though...

http://www.tdpri.com/forum/stomp-box/34 ... lease.html

thanx
Attachments
Boss - OD-2 Turbo Overdrive schematic
Boss - OD-2 Turbo Overdrive schematic

gambitpawn1
Information

Post by gambitpawn1 »

gambitpawn1
Information

Post by gambitpawn1 »

Welll.... one the schematics is for a different pedal and after reviewing the correct one I figured out where I would need to, found the two transistors for switching and thats where I would need to get the needed signals. Either way there is not enough room in the box to fit the blend pot. I would need to put it in a different enclosure to make it work....

Gila_Crisis
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by Gila_Crisis »

I got again a Boss OD2r after long, and I really love this overdrive.
I did few mods, however, just to get more low-end out of it. I used the attached schematic, the component are marked as they are in the pedal.
Also the Wampler book was a good starting point.

C1, C12, C17: 100nF
C3, C6, C8, C13: 47nF
C17: 330n
C4, C9, C14: 680nF
C16: 6n8 (gives more presence and open sound the turbo off channel)
C5, C10: 330pF

I did try higher values in the Turbo section, but then the sound was over way to muddy.
Attachments
boss_od_2r.gif
Zwischen Ordnung und Chaos fangt die Musik an