Silicon Tone Bender

Original effect designs complete with verified schematics, layouts and instructions. All project were freely contributed by members and cannot be used for commercial purposes without consent of the respective owners of the copyright.
Nocentelli
Tube Twister
Information

Post by Nocentelli »

Looks OK to me: should work as drawn.

I don't know if you need all of those stages for a dirty fuzz (buffer-tonestack-buffer-SHO). You might get away with taking Q3 of the fuzz straight into the tonestack and just tacking the big muff Q4 recovery stage on the end. You can just use four identical BJTs, works OK.

As always, try it on the breadboard first.
brownwhopping wrote:How can I learn by reading threads an making circuits, when some day I can see a lawsuit or somebody beat me in the face for that?

Hexjibber
Information

Post by Hexjibber »

Nocentelli wrote:Looks OK to me: should work as drawn.

I don't know if you need all of those stages for a dirty fuzz (buffer-tonestack-buffer-SHO). You might get away with taking Q3 of the fuzz straight into the tonestack and just tacking the big muff Q4 recovery stage on the end. You can just use four identical BJTs, works OK.

As always, try it on the breadboard first.
Thanks for taking a look man, I see what you mean about the stage overkill, that was really a bi-product of just sticking various schematics together with a dose of general ignorance! The SHO on the end is just something I wanted on a extra pot for some more beef if needed, I've seen a video of it implemented with this circuit and sounded good so thought I'd stick it in there.

I somewhat embarrassingly haven't got a breadboard as have been a kit builder up until now but seems that is definitely the next thing to obtain and learn how to use!

BMS1971
Information

Post by BMS1971 »

That was an interesting read... The idea is quite interesting and I will definitely try it...