SoloDallas - Storm

All about modern commercial stompbox circuits from Electro Harmonix over MXR, Boss and Ibanez into the nineties.
boby6kiler
Information

Post by boby6kiler »

i have see the led arangement 10k led 2k if you look to the pcb you will see it is not exactly like this( but this is for the led)
c6 in the schematic is not polarized but if you look the pics you will find a 1uf polarized
the rest look ok but i have not finished all the verification i can see ^^

aion
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by aion »

boby6kiler wrote:i have see the led arangement 10k led 2k if you look to the pcb you will see it is not exactly like this( but this is for the led)
c6 in the schematic is not polarized but if you look the pics you will find a 1uf polarized
the rest look ok but i have not finished all the verification i can see ^^
My PCB is not a direct copy of the Storm - the bypass LED has been standardized compared to my other projects, and the 1uf polarized capacitors have been converted to non-polar since they are better and more reliable. (There's no good reason to use a 1uf polarized capacitor in the signal path unless you're trying to save money.)

madras
Information

Post by madras »

Can anybody confirm is aionios' schematic an actual SD Storm schematic? Some photos showin orignal Storm internals would be welcome. :)

aion
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by aion »

madras wrote:Can anybody confirm is aionios' schematic an actual SD Storm schematic? Some photos showin orignal Storm internals would be welcome. :)
Linked in the very first post - several angles of the populated PCB as well as front and back with components removed.

madras
Information

Post by madras »

Aah! I missed it the first time. I have just seen your photos. Looks legit, thank you very much!

dylan159
Resistor Ronker
Information
my favorite amplifier: Chempion!
Completed builds: Oh boy...

Post by dylan159 »

Isn't it silly that they kept the Zobel network at the output of the 386 even though this isn't directly driving a speaker? Well, unless you are, which is perfectly possible.
Personal blog/archive: https://bentfishbowl.wixsite.com/electronics
Find me at https://discord.gg/bMuhX4TkZM Audio Electronics discord server.

foxey
Information

Post by foxey »

good boost!

But I prefer SVDS...
Attachments
KIMG0629.JPG