Useful development board to make pedals! What do you think?

Frequently asked question on the subject of designing, creating, producing printed boards, veroboards or perfboads and on point-to-point construction techniques.
FirstTry118
Information

Post by FirstTry118 »

Hey everyone! What do you guys think of this board to easily make guitar pedals? It has everything on board from power to potentiometers. I bought it to see how useful it is. Here is a video of a the board, I made a simple drive pedal with it. What do you guys think? Let me know.

plush
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by plush »

FirstTry118 wrote:Hey everyone! What do you guys think of this board to easily make guitar pedals?
For me it just screams: "I'm just another commercial bullshit, targeting DIY-ers!"

You don't need anything like this to create fx pedals. It won't make your life/hobby easier or more entertaining.

You can get a lot more than what this abomination offers for it's price ($175).

FirstTry118
Information

Post by FirstTry118 »

plush wrote:
FirstTry118 wrote:Hey everyone! What do you guys think of this board to easily make guitar pedals?
For me it just screams: "I'm just another commercial bullshit, targeting DIY-ers!"

You don't need anything like this to create fx pedals. It won't make your life/hobby easier or more entertaining.

You can get a lot more than what this abomination offers for it's price ($175).
Yeah you don't need this board to make fx pedal, but if you designing pedals constantly, it gets annoying with all the wires from the "pots" and the "power circuit", but honestly I wanted to see what you guys think of it. In my experience, it got annoying for me with the wires plus the wires on the breadboard. Yeah, the price is a little high, but it was cool because it came with +9v,-9v,+18v,-18v,+12v,-12v and different bias and more. In the end, I didn't want to deal with a bench power supply and pots hanging everywhere so just bought one, but you can get the same results from a DIY setup. I bought this because, I can just tap in to +18v for the op-amps if I wanted to just with a simple jumper, that's why it's more convenient. By the way, I am not trying to convince you to buy one, nor am I sponsored in any way, just wanted your opinion. Thanks for sharing!

Also, I am working on an overdrive pedal which is the one in my video I linked in my first post, it would be awesome if you can give me some input on how the overdrive pedal sounds so far that was also be much appreciated. There is still a lot of work to be done on it, but at the end of the video is a sample of the overdrive pedal.