Covid19 is perfect time for fx, But need some parts!

Looking for a particular component or hardware part and you just cannot find it? Got comoonents surplus and want to get rid of it? Post it all here... No sales of working pedals, put these in the 'Seen for sale' section please.
JbassFunk775
Information

Post by JbassFunk775 »

With smallbear down, I'm wondering where you guys would go to source parts like certain specific trannies, Jfets, and other parts. Since you can't trust the authenticity of these parts buying from eBay sellers or even Tayda.. Does anyone have suggestions for suppliers (I'm in the US) so I can get soldering again?? I Appreciate it guys, thanks in advance.. And stay safe and healthy out there everyone!! :D :D

mozz
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by mozz »

What you looking for? I have some real high gain PNP germs.

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

Free parts! Free pcb's! FREESTOMPBOXES!
The winner this month gets 85 transistors and a PCB of choice -- all delivered at your home and in your mailbox.
https://www.patreon.com/posts/may-fsb-super-35715907

Only 1USD per month and a chance to win every month!
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal

sirlurch
Information

Post by sirlurch »

Check out stompboxparts.com

soulsonic
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Traynor YVM-1
Completed builds: too many!

Post by soulsonic »

sirlurch wrote: 08 May 2020, 05:29 Check out stompboxparts.com
Oh, it's run by Cusack. Very good to know! Thanks for the tip; for whatever reason, I hadn't stumbled upon this store yet.
"Analog electronics in music is dead. Analog effects pedal design is a dead art." - Fran

Brazdj
Information

Post by Brazdj »

Is Tayda shipping? Any recent successful orders?
Stompboxparts looks awesome!

soulsonic
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Traynor YVM-1
Completed builds: too many!

Post by soulsonic »

Brazdj wrote: 24 May 2020, 12:38 Is Tayda shipping? Any recent successful orders?
Stompboxparts looks awesome!
I got a shipment from Tayda back in April, no problem. They ship via DHL, so it's fast fast.
I just got my first order from Stompboxparts today! The 1590B boxes look nice! Got a few other odds n' ends as well. Quality looks good on all of it. Also got this very quickly, via USPS, because I'm not far from Michigan.
Also, got my first order from Love My Switches, and they were also extremely fast - got here the same day as the order from Stompboxparts and it came all the way from Portland. US Postal Service is doing a good job right now!
I ordered some of their 125Bs - they are nice! Ever so slightly smaller inside than the Small Bear 125B, with more rounded contours on the outside. Almost a dead-ringer for the Hammond 1590N1.
Also got a Taiway 3PDT footswitch to try out. Impressed with it so far, we'll see how well it goes into the build. I'm really pleased with both of these places, and happy to find some more options. Small Bear was my default choice, being not far from me, but since they're in Brooklyn, they're at ground zero for a lot of mess right now. I was fortunate to notice that they opened up ordering again for a day last week, so I jumped on it and ordered a bunch of the magic diodes (which only they sell :secret: ), but it still hasn't even been packed up to ship yet. I don't mind waiting, I'm glad that Steve Daniels is doing the right thing keeping his employees safe.
"Analog electronics in music is dead. Analog effects pedal design is a dead art." - Fran

JbassFunk775
Information

Post by JbassFunk775 »

Hey guys! I don’t know what it is but, I tend to forget about this forum (despite the fact I posted a thread). :slap:
Anyway thanks for your advice! I can confirm Tayda is and has been shipping all throughout this pandemic shutdown time period, and I also purchased 2 of their new 125b painted predrilled enclosures (a ridiculously great deal) and they’re fantastic! Gorgeous colors and perfectly drilled (my drilling sucks for spacing board mounted pots) I chose a light blue 3 knob, and a 5 knob light violet. I built a Demeter fat boost+ep boost combo in the blue.

*Im planning to make the purple box into something like a Wampler Plexi drive deluxe or similar type Marshall in a box with active 3 band eq. The other fantastic thing about the Tayda enclosures is they’ve partnered with PedalPcb.com to have the enclosures meet the drill templates for their different PCB’s (of which they have a TON of if you’re unfamiliar w/them!)
**Bottom line I need JFETS, only 10 ideally more but for now just enough for the aiab pedal.. Through hole J201’s are what Brian used in the original Plexi drive and are the ideal, but obviously 2n5457’s work. And I I’d be willing to go SOT-23 if I had to I think there are a few sites still shipping selling conversion PCB’s.

JbassFunk775
Information

Post by JbassFunk775 »

mozz wrote: 23 Apr 2020, 17:58 What you looking for? I have some real high gain PNP germs.
@mozz I ALWAYS can use these! I actually took a gamble on some Russian PNP’s yesterday with a US eBay seller (first time I’ve been desperate enough to do that!).. Although I think it should be ok, I emailed the guy asking if/how he measures gain, leakage etc and he responded with a breakdown of his testing process and it was immediately obvious that he knew his stuff and his process was actually better than how smallbear does it (for fuzz face intended germs).

*All that said I will certainly take you up on your offer.. What type/quantity are we talking about and how would I go about paying you?? Contact me privately via email please- if your offer still stands. Thanks :D