EHX Bad Stone

Discussion regarding early stompbox technology: 1960-1975 Please keep discussion focused and contribute what info you have...
marshmellow
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by marshmellow »

Just had this here for repair so I thought I'd take a couple of pictures. The wiring was intermittent, somebody messed with the DC jack wiring, and all the dual opamps are switched out and socketed. I have a suspicion the two last issues are related :D. I also fixed the volume drop. Forgot to photograph the enclosure, just added it so there is no confusion about the versions.
Attachments
IMAG0684.jpg
IMAG0679.jpg
badstone.jpg

dj_shen
Information

Post by dj_shen »

hello i am new here please how can i do depth mode? :?: :?: :?:

dj_shen
Information

Post by dj_shen »

The G
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by The G »

I searched for a bit and found no info on a depth mod for the Electro~Harmonix Bad Stone. It would help if you could tell us what would like to get from this mod and what did you try until now.

dj_shen
Information

Post by dj_shen »

I wanted a depth mode as in every phases, does anyone know? is that hard really

The G
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by The G »

dj_shen wrote: 14 Sep 2020, 10:26 I wanted a depth mode as in every phases, does anyone know? is that hard really
Dude, please read this carefully:
1. It is "mod" (3rd meaning) as in modifications, not "mode".
2. There is no "depth mode as in every phases", because each modification should be done with a purpose. Thus, there is a "depth mod" for a Small Stone, which does not have a "Depth" knob, while the Bad Stone already has a "Feedback" knob which does the depth control.
3. "is that hard really" is downright rude, it implies people being stupid for not getting the idea and that what you ask is so easy. Implying people you want help from are stupid is a sure way of not getting any help. Or if it is easy, why wouldn't you do it yourself?

Let me spell it for you:
  • Flooding the forums with identical requests is rude.
  • Repeating the same request after a few minutes is rude.
  • Private messaging for help implies you don't care about other people getting the same help, hence is rude.
  • Diresgarding the time and effort involved in helping you is rude.

You already have a warning for the first two offenses AND you commited them all. Please consider carefully if you want to continue like this.

okgb
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by okgb »

Ask the author of the link you sent ?

marcao_cfh
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by marcao_cfh »

okgb wrote: 14 Sep 2020, 21:05 Ask the author of the link you sent ?
They did it, actually. If you check the comments on that link you can see he already asked that... using 2 different accounts, and asking the same thing over and over again, even without getting an answer. Same way they asked here a few times, including on a Small Stone topic which have nothing to do with the Bad Stone and wasn't active since last year.

And also... there is no depth mod on that project! So they just asked the author for something that was not present on that project.

The Bad Stone is not a subtle phaser, it sounds very different from something like the Small Stone. So a "depth mod as in every phaser" isn't so suitable for this one, you want it to be very pronounced. The closest thing to a depth mod for a Bad Stone is already on the project: the feedback pot. If you want it to be more subtle than what the feedback pot allows it to be, then I'd say it's the same as asking how to get a light low gain overdrive out of one of Devi Ever's wild fuzzes. You're just using the wrong pedal for the purpose you're looking for.

dj_shen
Information

Post by dj_shen »

What are you talking about? I just asked for help for the depth mode but you are the rude man

marcao_cfh
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by marcao_cfh »

viewtopic.php?p=282172#p282172

You just ressurrected a 2014 asking about that depth mod that doesn't exist at all! All your posts you made are asking for that mod, even after being asked to stop flooding the topics asking for something that doesn't exist.

So let me ask you: where exactly did you saw that "depth mod"?

marcao_cfh
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by marcao_cfh »

marcao_cfh wrote: 14 Sep 2020, 21:38 The closest thing to a depth mod for a Bad Stone is already on the project: the feedback pot.
From Electro-Harmonix themselves: "Feedback determines the depth of the phase effect" (source: https://www.ehx.com/products/bad-stone).

Scruffie
Tube Twister
Information

Post by Scruffie »

I provided you with a potential depth mod in another thread, you even thanked me by PM at 10:24 so why are you asking for one again at 10:26? I already told you via PM that if you want a phaser with a depth mod, this probably isn't the one to try it on but you have something to try.

I think my suspicions I'm being messed with might have been accurate...

dj_shen
Information

Post by dj_shen »

Hello scruffie.. Thank you for the mod you sent, I didn't want the mod again, I made a mistake and whatever my fault is my friend I'll try the mod you sent

dj_shen
Information

Post by dj_shen »

Also thank you to everyone here, you are a wonderful and helpful friend

dj_shen
Information

Post by dj_shen »

I understand what you mean, sorry, i am novice and i am not a master like you guys, i also made the circuit and now i found out there is a feedback depth mode, thank you but the feedback pot does not work well and i want it to be more effective or any changes to the circuit ? So I wanted a mod