Small Signal Audio Design Book - Preamps, Mixing, etc

Free online ressources on guitars, amps, effects, guitar technique and more. Dedicated to the fond memory of its founder SPeter Davidoff.
SPeter
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by SPeter »

Hi all, very useful book in my opinion!
" Small Signal Audio Design is a unique guide to the design of high-quality circuitry for preamplifiers, mixing consoles, and a host of other signal-processing devices. Learn to use inexpensive and readily available parts to obtain state-of-the-art performance in all the vital parameters of noise, distortion, crosstalk and so on. Focusing mainly on preamplifiers and mixers this practical handbook gives you an extensive repertoire of circuits that can be put together to make almost any type of audio system. "
Enjoy!
:thumbsup
:D
freebookspot.in/Comments.aspx?Element_ID=51244

https://nvhrbiblio.nl/biblio/boek/Self% ... ign-2e.pdf

IvIark
Tube Twister
Information

Post by IvIark »

"If anyone is a 'genius' for putting jacks in such a pedal in the only spot where they could physically fit, then I assume I too am a genius for correctly inserting my legs into my pants this morning." - candletears7 - TGP

royzic
Information

Post by royzic »

Thank you! :)

Duckman
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by Duckman »

Nice :thumbsup

mcaviel
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by mcaviel »

Thanks Mate!

RnFR
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Traynor YBA-III, Fender Super Six
Completed builds: custom fuzz.

Post by RnFR »

i've been looking for this forever! thanks, man!
"You've converted me to Cubic thinking. Where do I sign up for the newsletter? I need to learn more about how I can break free from ONEism Death Math." - Soulsonic

Blog-APOCALYPSE AUDIO

marshmellow
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by marshmellow »

Like the five months or so since it has first been printed??? :roll:

I really don't want to be all judgemental and play the moralist here.
But people here talk all the time about cloning ethics, which I couldn't care less about.
99% of the "designs" weren't the manufacturers' to begin with, and building something
on your own at least requires some effort and know-how. It's one thing to share
and download "Radiotron Designer's Handbook" or other stuff that has been out of print
for fifty years. But that is downright stealing in my opinion, of something that
deserves to be paid for.

But maybe some who download it will eventually buy it, because it's a really great book.
I recommend it to everyone interested in audio electronics.

IvIark
Tube Twister
Information

Post by IvIark »

Isn't The Art of Electronics still in print, which is a book you recommended people download? It's amazing how some people's morals jump to the surface when they've personally paid €40 for a book.
"If anyone is a 'genius' for putting jacks in such a pedal in the only spot where they could physically fit, then I assume I too am a genius for correctly inserting my legs into my pants this morning." - candletears7 - TGP

marshmellow
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by marshmellow »

I wouldn't call that post a recommendation to download, but oh well.
And for what it's worth, I have that book in paper form as well.

It just feels wrong to me for a book that has only been in print for months.
And kind of sad to see another art form going down the drain, following music
and film. But maybe it's been like that for a while and I just missed it, I dont' know.

I don't want to judge anyone, do whatever you think is all right for your own
moral compass. It doesn't matter to me in any way, why would it. I was merely
offering something to think about. And suggesting to buy it, because it's money
well spent, if you're in interested in audio besides guitar effects. Enough said.

RnFR
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Traynor YBA-III, Fender Super Six
Completed builds: custom fuzz.

Post by RnFR »

enough said, indeed. :roll: get over it, already. trust me, if i had the 70 some dollars to spend on this book, i would've already bought it. and just so you know, i have already bought one of Self's books in the past.

i love it when people say they don't want to get all judgemental, then get up on the high horse. it's like someone saying "i really don't want to hit you", then smacking you in the face. what a bunch of bullshit.

you know you've personally helped me out a lot in the past, and i am extremely appreciative for that, but please, don't pull this kind of shit on me. if i gave a shit about what you thought about my morals, trust me you would already know, because we would be either related or sleeping together.
"You've converted me to Cubic thinking. Where do I sign up for the newsletter? I need to learn more about how I can break free from ONEism Death Math." - Soulsonic

Blog-APOCALYPSE AUDIO

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

marshmellow wrote: 12 Sep 2010, 12:33 Like the five months or so since it has first been printed??? :roll:
I really don't want to be all judgemental and play the moralist here.
But people here talk all the time about cloning ethics, which I couldn't care less about.
99% of the "designs" weren't the manufacturers' to begin with, and building something
on your own at least requires some effort and know-how. It's one thing to share
and download "Radiotron Designer's Handbook" or other stuff that has been out of print
for fifty years. But that is downright stealing in my opinion, of something that
deserves to be paid for.
But maybe some who download it will eventually buy it, because it's a really great book.
I recommend it to everyone interested in audio electronics.
I updated the link with a new one. But there is a valid point being made here. The book is still in print and not even cheap. I don't feel like hosting it on our servers, but that doesn't matter: imho it will never again go offline, unless the publishing house makes effort of hunting it down on a daily basis. With everything becoming digital, it became ultimately copiable... but we have been working towards making information more copiable for centuries: from the invention of writing onwards...
SPeter wrote: 11 Sep 2010, 14:05 Hi all, very useful book in my opinion!
" Small Signal Audio Design is a unique guide to the design of high-quality circuitry for preamplifiers, mixing consoles, and a host of other signal-processing devices. Learn to use inexpensive and readily available parts to obtain state-of-the-art performance in all the vital parameters of noise, distortion, crosstalk and so on. Focusing mainly on preamplifiers and mixers this practical handbook gives you an extensive repertoire of circuits that can be put together to make almost any type of audio system. "
Enjoy!
:D
freebookspot.in/Comments.aspx?Element_ID=51244

https://nvhrbiblio.nl/biblio/boek/Self% ... ign-2e.pdf
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal