Dunlop - UV-1 - Univibe - revision A 1997  [schematic]

All about modern commercial stompbox circuits from Electro Harmonix over MXR, Boss and Ibanez into the nineties.
fantasmo
Information

Post by fantasmo »

Hi there.
I've got a UV1 with a broken NSL-39S52 Dual Optocoupler. I've got no idea where to find a replacement part or an equivalent?

Does someone can help me?
Thank you!

saransk
Information

Post by saransk »

Small Bear Electronics carries the Vactec VTL5C3/2 which is a dual photocoupler.
It would probably work - it has the correct connections
The specs for the VTL5C3/2 are almost identical, especially for voltage and current.
Small Bear lists at least 90 units in stock.

Michael Baker

RomLab
Information

Post by RomLab »

Hi guys

I know this is a long gone thread, but I'm having a long journey to fix a UV-1 and this still the best technical info about this pedal! So, here I am.

Mine looks like the one in the first page, the schematic looks the same plus a lot of diodes, a jumper to connect the case and the circuits ground, the pcb is red, but its look pretty similar.

The one i'm working was plugged to a 18V unregulated wall adapter that was supposed to be plugged in 110V (127 here in Brazil), but the owner plugged it in a 220V mains, só the transformer quickly jumped to almost 40V, burning some thing in their path.

I have fixed everything. most of the digital CI had to be changed.

My concern now is about the LAMP inside the cage. It burned too, so I've replaced by some visually similar to the original, but now its looks pretty dimmed...

I've tried to find some open cage video of the lamp working to compare the bright, but dind't find.

Any thoughts or video about this lamp?

Regards