Sun Beta Lead pedal kit

Carlo.Konka
Information

Post by Carlo.Konka »

Hello everyone! I recently purchased the Sun Beta Lead kit through Das Musikding. I've just finished assembling the pedal and I've noticed that I wired the DC Jack reverse. So I corrected the issue and the LED turns on but the pedal emits a continuous, very high pitched whistle and if tapped on the enclosure it makes a very loud pop through my amp. I don't know if some component failed or something else...I don't know what to do!

vincea
Information

Post by vincea »

If you purchased the kit at musikding, you probably had the same issue I had, your board is a v1.0, not a v1.3 and the build document linked from the musikding website is for the v1.0, but there is an issue in the PCB and a revision of the document for v1.0 explain that.
To sum up, you need to cut two tracks and adds two jumpers, you can find the modification to do in this document: https://pcbguitarmania.com/wp-content/u ... Docs14.pdf

bumblebee
Diode Debunker
Information
my favorite amplifier: ‘65 Twin Reverb
Completed builds: Fuzz & Preamps mostly.

Post by bumblebee »

vincea wrote: 27 Feb 2022, 10:02 If you purchased the kit at musikding, you probably had the same issue I had, your board is a v1.0, not a v1.3 and the build document linked from the musikding website is for the v1.0, but there is an issue in the PCB and a revision of the document for v1.0 explain that.
To sum up, you need to cut two tracks and adds two jumpers, you can find the modification to do in this document: https://pcbguitarmania.com/wp-content/u ... Docs14.pdf
Indeed, you are correct. I was browsing Das Musikding (and Banzai) last week and noticed this very issue. Completely forgot about it.

:mrgreen:
I so dislike the modern digital world that I need to use semi-digital effects to emulate the analog world of cassette, VHS, and vinyl.

bumblebee
Diode Debunker
Information
my favorite amplifier: ‘65 Twin Reverb
Completed builds: Fuzz & Preamps mostly.

Post by bumblebee »

Carlo.Konka wrote: 05 Feb 2022, 10:41 Hello everyone! I recently purchased the Sun Beta Lead kit through Das Musikding. I've just finished assembling the pedal and I've noticed that I wired the DC Jack reverse. So I corrected the issue and the LED turns on but the pedal emits a continuous, very high pitched whistle and if tapped on the enclosure it makes a very loud pop through my amp. I don't know if some component failed or something else...I don't know what to do!
Quoted for notification. See information above by Vincea.
I so dislike the modern digital world that I need to use semi-digital effects to emulate the analog world of cassette, VHS, and vinyl.