Joyo JF-16 British Sound (also Oxford/American/AC Tone/etc) Effects Loop?)

A forum devoted to mod, tips and suggestions for upgrading and rehousing your VERY CHEAP commercial stompbox to near boutique excellence.
ReverendBow
Information
my favorite amplifier: the BME V-12 I built
Completed builds: Tube Amps:
15 Watt (6V6GT Push pull)
3 Watt (6AK6 Push Pull)
Fire Fly

Fuzz:
Mosrite Fuzzrite Clone
Roland AF-60 Bee Gee Clone
Ampeg Scrambler Clone

Other:
Surfy bear Reverb tank
Boss Slow Gear Clone

Post by ReverendBow »

Hello All,

I know there is a lengthy thread on these Sans Amp clones, but I was wondering if I could bounce an Idea off you gurus on Pedal tweaking...

I have a Setup running a British Sound into the Joyo D-seed Delay (Mono Version). I am not running an amp and recording direct into my DAW.

I have discovered that the D-Seed is not happy with the drive level out of the JF-16 and is randomly distorting... which is quite annoying...

I have been messaging with a Joyo rep, who confirmed with the engineers that this could occur on the D-Seed Version I.... well, that is a poor design...

So that brings to question: could the British/Oxford/American/AC Tone/etc be set up for an effects loop?

Looking at all the schematics posted in the "Tech 21 Character Series" thread over here viewtopic.php?t=6571 I was looking for a possible insertion point for an effects loop.

Having built a couple tube amps in my day, the normal place to put an effects loop would be between the Tone stack and the Phase Inverter

Looking at the Tech 21/Joyo schematic, Would it be possible to insert the Effects Loop After IC3A, Where R44 lives?

download/file.php?id=41422

Thanks for any ideas, comments, or insults

ReverendBow
Information
3 Watt (6AK6 Push Pull)
Fire Fly

Fuzz:
Mosrite Fuzzrite Clone
Ampeg Scrambler Clone

Other:
Surfy bear Reverb tank
Boss Slow Gear Clone

Post by ReverendBow »

Hmmm.... a lot of veiws and no replies... not a good sign...

Hanky-
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Hanky- »

I had asked about the fx loop idea in the joyo actone thread. Apparently it puts the EQ controls after the loop, which is far from ideal with these pedals. Not sure how tech21 implemented it in the deluxe variants.

Also the joyo versions dont have a lot of output when compared to the original tech21 versions, it mostly around - 10dB on the joyos, it shouldnt be able to distort the Dseed input easily.

Theres not much interest left in these now, thats why not much responses so far. But if joyo were to release the leeds & US metal variants someday then perhaps maybe the collection would be complete.

ReverendBow
Information
3 Watt (6AK6 Push Pull)
Fire Fly

Fuzz:
Mosrite Fuzzrite Clone
Ampeg Scrambler Clone

Other:
Surfy bear Reverb tank
Boss Slow Gear Clone

Post by ReverendBow »

Thanks Hanky.

I will havr tto go through that thread again.

My Oxford and British were causing my D-Seed to produce noise, mainly on the lower E/A strings when the level was above 12 O'clock...

Interesting to not, I complained to Joyo sales on EBay... the let me keep the DSeed and sent me a DSeed II for the $20 difference in price.

I also asked for a DSeed Schematic, but they said to to Patiented design, they could not share one.

Bit back to the JF-16 (and others), I don't understand why the effects loop would have to before the EQ section...

Thanks for the reply

Hanky-
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Hanky- »

The fx loop should be before the level control somewhere. Thats how it is on the tech21 deluxe pedals atleast.

Does the Dseed II also give clipping issues?

ReverendBow
Information
3 Watt (6AK6 Push Pull)
Fire Fly

Fuzz:
Mosrite Fuzzrite Clone
Ampeg Scrambler Clone

Other:
Surfy bear Reverb tank
Boss Slow Gear Clone

Post by ReverendBow »

I haven't been able toClip the D-Seed II yet. I have it runnning Stereo in off a British Sound and an Oxford Sound.

Damn, the Level Control is pretty early in the Circuit...

Hanky-
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Hanky- »

Oops, sorry, I meant fx loop needs to be after the level control. And also after the sansamp portion of the circuitry, kinda like a studio setting where in the effects are added after the mic.

If the Dseed II isn't clipping then that's a good sign that they fixed the issue with the Dseed I. You can skip the process of bothering with putting a loop in there now & just place some pedals after the amp sim pedals.