Sprint Layout SMD BoM and CPL creator for JLCPCB

Digital tools for electronic work: software for pcb design, schematic drawing, circuit simulation, parts inventory tools, ...
Lithium_Grim
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Lithium_Grim »

So I had a few hours to waste and made a BoM and CPL creator in Excel to automate the file creation proces for SMT fabrication at JLCPCB.
You can export the component list as txt file from Sprint Layout and press convert in the Excel to open a file selection dialog window.

The order of the fields in the export txt is irrelevant as the file will detect them by itself. The only thing you need to take note of is the delimiter (by default a semicolon) and if you want to add the component numbers used by JLCPCB I suggest to add it in the comment field of a component. If you do not want to use it, leave the field blank in the Excel.

Enjoy and if you have any questions, let me know. You are free to distribute it, but please be a gentleman and mention my name :)
Attachments
JLCPCB BoM and CPL creator.xlsm
(49.97 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
I only give negativ feedback and y'all love it!
PCB shop

Lithium_Grim
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Lithium_Grim »

I will make a new version later today that is able to combine same JLCPCB part numbers (as prescribed in their specs) and will do a basic check that there are not 2 parts with the same partnumber but a different value (say part# C1234 as 100pF and later part# C1234 with 820pF that should not be possible). It'll give you an integrity warning.
PCB shop

Lithium_Grim
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Lithium_Grim »

Here is the new version. Use at your own risk but keep using your brain and always double check before ordering :)
I checked the output files at JLCPCB and it should work like a charm.
Attachments
JLCPCB BoM and CPL creator.xlsm
(61.11 KiB) Downloaded 116 times
PCB shop

Lithium_Grim
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Lithium_Grim »

Made a small update. On request I added the option to have the workbook directory be the default directory.

Note: If you get the warning that the file might be unsafe (and you trust me that I did not build a virus :hmmm: ) you need to turn off macro security first:
and additionally you might need to unblock the file as described here.
Attachments
JLCPCB BoM and CPL creator v1.1.xlsm
(46.13 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
PCB shop