EHX - Holy Stain  [schematic]

All about modern commercial stompbox circuits from Electro Harmonix over MXR, Boss and Ibanez into the nineties.
howmuch
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by howmuch »

Ice-9 wrote: 22 Jul 2022, 21:56 I'm very sorry as it is a file I no longer have, when photobucket deleted peoples files due to forcing a charge I lost loads of files that I had not saved on a local hard drive. If you have any specific question on that pedal I may be able to remember what you need although I only bothered with the digital side o the pedal I do remember it was quite simple.
Hi, I was interested in the schematic to see how easy it would be to make this into a full Spin FV-1 development platform.
I was looking for an inexpensive FV-1 based pedal and the Holy Stain is relatively cheap at around £109.

From what I've gathered from you here, the Holy Stain is basically the datasheet implementation, with some negatives:
No EEPROM - could probably bodge that in.
Only one Control Pot? - could probably bodge the other two in.
Only 4 program selections.
Is it possible that the programs used are just the default factory ones? Programs 2,3,6,7 maybe?
Without the schematic, I can only guess on what's needed or possible.

I've already got a PedalPCB Module8 PCB but, being time-poor at the moment, it would be quicker/easier to buy a commercial pedal than build.
I know the FV-1 dev. board is around the same price, but it's not quite a pedal.

Are there better/cheaper FV-1 based pedal alternatives to this?
R.I.P. Burke Shelley, from one of my favourite (and much underrated) bands - Budgie
Their songs have been covered by Van Halen, Iron Maiden, Soundgarden, Metallica and more.
If you don't know how HEAVY this band was in the 70s, check Breadfan out.

wildschwein
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by wildschwein »

ICE-9 traced the digital side early on in this thread but a lot of the visual materials have 404ed. This is the link ICE-9's profile. memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=7010
Maybe send them a PM and see if the can help out.

Ice-9
Degoop Doctor
Information
my favorite amplifier: Marshall
Completed builds: Far to many to afford the enclosures for them all. :)

Post by Ice-9 »

Yes, I am sorry that all the traces I made have 404'd after the loss of 'photobucket.
Other than the fuzz part of the circuit the FV-1 side was only datasheet stuff using internal programs and not all of them. I did post mods in the thread to add an external eeprom and extra FV-1 pots but they have have dissapered now.
There are so many better platforms to work from now anyway.
It's fairly straight forward, if you want to start it , press start. You can work out the rest of the controls for yourself !

No silicon heaven ? preposterous ! Where would all the calculators go ?

llTheSystemll
Information

Post by llTheSystemll »

any chance anyone has the pics that Ice-9 posted all of those years ago on Photobucket that were removed? if so, do you mind sharing or posting somewhere and providing links?

thanks
brian

clayton9610
Information

Post by clayton9610 »

Funny enough I just dusted off my modded pedal and looked for the images as well. I only managed to find this