DOD Carcosa issue

Forum dedicated to helping people debug and troubleshoot non-functional pedals or builds. Please use an clear and informative title, indicating circuit and basic problem. Don't forget to mark the issue as fixed if this is the case.
CheapPedalCollector
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by CheapPedalCollector »

I bought a broken Carcosa thinking it was through hole, but it's not other than the pots and DC jack. The Before control seems broken and sounds like it has a bad cap passing DC, its very scratchy and the pedal doesn't sound anything like any of the demos I've heard. Could anyone possibly take some voltage measurements so I could try to locate the bad part?

Alternatively, anyone know where in the US I can send it for professional repair?

ppluis0
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by ppluis0 »

Hi Collector,

I found in the pedalPCB site that there are a project identical to the unit you have:

https://docs.pedalpcb.com/project/Carcass-PedalPCB.pdf

Perhaps this schematic helps you to pinpoint the faulty component.

Cheers,
Jose

CheapPedalCollector
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by CheapPedalCollector »

Thanks,

I actually figured out what was wrong with it. I took it back apart and tested it outside the case, and it worked fine so I was stumped. Turns out there was a small metal shaving floating around in the case that was shorting something out or had gotten into the potentiometer.

After removing it, it works great now and I really really like it.