Shameless Plug: top-mount jacks, PRE-DRILLED enclosure kit; all hardware included

Posts on strange stompboxes on ebay, old amps from a garage sale, new boutique businesses, great deals, all these topics go in here.
rocketsquawk
Information

Post by rocketsquawk »

Hi folks. Apologies in advance for the blatant plug, but I think it's something that many of us might appreciate: a pre-drilled DIY kit for a top-mounted jacks pedal enclosure that includes everything you need:
  • A pre-drilled CNC Pro 125B aluminum enclosure from lovemyswitches.com. You don't have to worry about exacting tolerances or accurately drilling in the top of the enclosure. All done. It’s ready to paint or customize any way you see fit. You will need to drill your own holes for your pedal’s potentiometers and toggle switches, but the audio jack, DC power, footswitch, and LED holes are already drilled for you.
  • PCB “daughterboard” for the audio I/O and DC power jack with support for reverse-polarity protection
  • PCB daughterboard for the footswitch, LED, and additional power filtering capacitor
  • 4-wire ribbon cable to connect the daughterboards
  • 2 Neutrik NRJ6HM-1 PCB mount 1/4″ mono audio jacks with dress nuts
  • Kobiconn 7620-E DC power jack
  • Premium feather-soft click 3PDT footswitch from lovemyswitches.com (these are awesome!)
  • 4k7 Royal Ohm metal film resistor (current limiting resistor for the LED)
  • 3mm diffused red LED
  • 1N5817 diode for polarity protection
  • TDK 0.1uF MLCC capacitor with C0G dielectric
You provide the FX board and circuit. The basic idea is that all you need to do is drill holes in the enclosure for any potentiometers, switches, lasers, rocket launchers, etc. required for your circuit. Then you wire your circuit’s IN, OUT, +9V, and GROUND connections to the switching daughterboard and assemble as per normal.

More info at http://clevelandmusicco.com/pedal-kits-pcbs/. The kit is currently for sale at https://reverb.com/item/62628305-diy-pe ... d-your-pcb.

Disclosure: I am the guy behind Cleveland Music Co. This is totally a promotional post, but it's not just to drum up sales; I'd also welcome any feedback on the idea in general. Stupid idea? Say so. Could use some improvements to make it more useful to the community? Say that too. All thoughts welcome.

Cheers!

<edit: deleted some exclamation points. far too exciting for this forum :wink:>

cspar
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by cspar »

As somebody that uses a lot of Tayda's predrilled 125b's so he doesn't have to drill as much I don't think it's a stupid idea.

Might as well add an led bezel to the kit.

I could see a version with a charge pump being desirable to some people, even if that part is SMD and pre-built.

The best part is that the kits are just a byproduct of what you're already doing.:thumbsup

Good luck.
"Just because the forgoing circuits have produced results there is no reason experimenting won't lead to added results." L. E. Darling, in his article containing the earliest published vacuum tube synthesizer circuit, Popular Science Jan 1920

rocketsquawk
Information

Post by rocketsquawk »

cspar wrote: 30 Oct 2022, 04:08 Might as well add an led bezel to the kit.

I could see a version with a charge pump being desirable to some people, even if that part is SMD and pre-built.
Both good suggestions. I especially like the charge pump idea. Could easily enlarge the footswitch daughterboard for that (or it may fit on the I/O board as-is). Cheers!