Newbie - boards not working

Forum dedicated to helping people debug and troubleshoot non-functional pedals or builds. Please use an clear and informative title, indicating circuit and basic problem. Don't forget to mark the issue as fixed if this is the case.
Numbskull
Information

Post by Numbskull »

Hi All,

I am a dreaded newbie learning how to build circuits for pedals. My process is I breadboard the circuit, test, then have a circuit board made in order to build pedals for my friends. I just started this process. Well, my problem is, the boards don’t work. I’m getting power but there is no sound when I plug in the cords. I have checked the circuits repeatedly and they are correct per my designs compared to the schematic. I have used my multimeter to check the continuity of the circuit. Still, no sound. I even just connected the battery directly and two guitar jacks and still, no sound.

I think I must be doing something stupid or have done something stupid.

Does any good soul have an idea(s)? I would say the circuits are bad but it happens repeatedly on different boards, the same issue. No sound at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Manfred
Tube Twister
Information

Post by Manfred »

Hi Numbskull!
Welcome to the Forum.

Help is only possible if we know the facts,
please give us the schematic and photos of the board and more and and tell us what exactly is not working.