Visualsound - H2O chorus / delay

All about modern commercial stompbox circuits from Electro Harmonix over MXR, Boss and Ibanez into the nineties.
Bernardduur
Transistor Tuner
Information
my favorite amplifier: Welagen - ODR

Post by Bernardduur »

Hi all!

I got one in with a broken delay knob. Pics are on my instagram page (see sig)

I only traced the schematic that I found interesting.
- The Delay part is a copy of the Danelectro Dan-Echo with a PT2395 IC w/ some mods
- The Chorus part is a copy of the Ibanez SC10 pedal w/ some mods

EnjoY!
Visualsound - H2O V2.JPG
'No more....... loud music.......'
Follow my love for pedals and amps on https://bernardduur.blogspot.com and https://www.instagram.com/bernardduur1

dmc777
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by dmc777 »

Thanks for this. Wonder how much difference there is between this and the single visual sound liquid chorus v2? It has speed, width, delay time and depth knobs. What exactly is the difference in width and depth? In stereo, the width seems to widen the spread or just make it thicker.

dmc777
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by dmc777 »

Also, what can be changed to give the chorus the EHX mistress and small clone “metallic” or “liquidy” tone? More high end? I’m sure you’re aware of the sound I’m talking about. I’ve always wondered this.

CheapPedalCollector
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by CheapPedalCollector »

I have one too, the taper on some of the pots is a bit weird as well. The echo mix should be audio I think, probably a good mod for it.

Also the link in your sig doesn't work.

dmc777
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by dmc777 »

CheapPedalCollector wrote: 09 Jan 2023, 18:48 I have one too, the taper on some of the pots is a bit weird as well. The echo mix should be audio I think, probably a good mod for it.

Also the link in your sig doesn't work.
Damn it I thought the new post was a response to my questions lol.

mauman
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by mauman »

dmc777 wrote: 09 Jan 2023, 04:58 Also, what can be changed to give the chorus the EHX mistress and small clone “metallic” or “liquidy” tone? More high end? I’m sure you’re aware of the sound I’m talking about. I’ve always wondered this.
I did a calibration for another builder on a Madbean Current Lover, which pretty much an EHX Electric Mistress. To my ear it had tons of high end, probably due to less lowpass filtering. Here's the schematic for reference if you want to compare the filtering.
Madbean Current Lover schem
Madbean Current Lover schem

dmc777
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by dmc777 »

I’ll have to pull up the small clone schematic and compare it. There’s alot going on in that current lover. Looks like a lot of changes from the original mistress. Appreciate it though.

dmc777
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by dmc777 »

They must have made alot o changes to the chorus because the SC10 schematic has a really high parts count. I find the schematic pretty hard to read. Can surely see some similarities though.
Attachments
14BD6444-0285-437D-B0E4-B9D3BC4BFD73.jpeg