Yamaha NE1 pots orientation

All about modern commercial stompbox circuits from Electro Harmonix over MXR, Boss and Ibanez into the nineties.
oliverb
Information

Post by oliverb »

There are several schematics that come up when you go looking for Yamaha NE-1 , and they have different ways of showing the dual pots orientation & it's a bit confusing for anyone new to these things. I wrote to Silentfly the first time I looked at this project years ago and his is a mistake in the schematic , and I think the wiring in the drawing of the pots in the Paul-in-the-lab schematic is at odds with the Freestompboxes one and possibly wrong. I know it's a simple thing to just try wiring the pots different ways ( although pots dying after too many soldering attempts is a common pain , at least for me) and one way will work better , but it makes things difficult if you're new to these things and have a project that isn't working and you're trying to troubleshoot and can't be sure if you're reading the schematics/layout right. Anyway , I'm going ahead with the Freestompboxes pots wiring diagram using the Silentlfly schematic and seeing how it goes this time. I'm just posting this so anyone else in my position who looks up Yamaha NE-1 and gets confused as I did will have some help.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 20.41.11.png
Screen Shot 2023-02-01 at 11.55.52.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-04 at 21.06.09.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-04 at 21.06.09.png (45.91 KiB) Viewed 392 times
yamaha_ne-1-Cont-Q-Control_schematic.gif
Last edited by oliverb on 01 Feb 2023, 12:03, edited 1 time in total.

mauman
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by mauman »

Welcome! Your pics got posted, but there's no text so we don't know what you need....

lietuvis
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by lietuvis »

This is how original is wired in, the pot in the left:

oliverb
Information

Post by oliverb »

Thanks lietuvis , that's great.