Bluesbreaker build issue

Forum dedicated to helping people debug and troubleshoot non-functional pedals or builds. Please use an clear and informative title, indicating circuit and basic problem. Don't forget to mark the issue as fixed if this is the case.
Eightsevenzero
Information

Post by Eightsevenzero »

I just built up a BB-1 using the V1 layout found here:

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Bj8twAFTYCU/ ... reaker.png

Everything works, voltages to the chip pins are all correct, diodes are 4148's showing .63v forward voltage when tested in circuit. The only change I made to the schem was to sub a 330K for the 220K for a little more gain. While everything technically works, I'm getting what I can only describe as too much clean signal on top of the distorted signal. The clipped signal is definitely there, but it just has a bit of this clean signal type thing going on, almost as if the clipping diodes arent clipping enough or something. Hopefully that makes sense; I have checked the circuit multiple times for errors but I'm not coming up with anything at all.

Thanks!

mauman
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by mauman »

This circuit doesn't have a ton of gain, that's why the King of Tone used 2 of them stacked in series. You can add some gain by adding a 50k or 100k resistor between lug 1 of the Gain pot, and the wire that connects to the vero hole A3 (which leads to the 47pF and 3k3 resistor).