Electra MPC Module Schematics  [schematic]

Discussion regarding early stompbox technology: 1960-1975 Please keep discussion focused and contribute what info you have...
BMS1971
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by BMS1971 »

Fascinating post! Thanks for all the data. The fuzz and 3 transistors tube-sound are quite interesting...
Ben

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

pinkjimiphoton wrote: 17 Oct 2022, 13:49 the guys on the electra facebook group have most of the modules, and there's a cat now reproducing them
https://www.facebook.com/groups/105720173875

125USD :scratch: It would be a cool DIY project though
Would be a better business model if he just sold pcbs and plastic case imho
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal

jsrfo
Information

Post by jsrfo »

Hey guys, I'm working on attempting to rebuild the Electra Filter follower, and am having difficulty with the CA3094 with respect to the schematics.

Anyone helping with understanding that part, I'd appreciate it.

jsrfo
Information

Post by jsrfo »

Here's a link to PJ and the Beard using my Electra Vibe/Chorus and my Electra Distortion builds!

jsrfo
Information

Post by jsrfo »

andy-h-h wrote: 17 Oct 2022, 05:52
pinkjimiphoton wrote: 13 Nov 2021, 23:58 because i love you handsome dawgs n beetchez.... enjoy.... here's all the schematics for the electra plug in effect modules...
stolen off a facebook group.

i'd like to say personally FUCK MARK ZUCKERBERG. he's a reptilian weeny that sucks on octopus assholes.

this is the most worthwhile shit i ever found on his shitty fucking platform

So none of these actually match the Electra Distortion schematic that is commonly available - interesting... Has anyone actually seen a version of the Power Overdrive with the additional diodes or a Tube Sound matching the Distortion schem that we've all seen?

:?
So, I have attempted to follow the schematics for a few of these modules, and there are discrepancies between them and the actual modules. For instance, on the Flanger, the there is no schematic for the top board available, one Trimmer is listed as 100K on the BOM and schematic, and shown as 1M on the upper board drawing. I've found other discrepancies, and if anyone has a schematic of the flanger top board, I could use it.

Now I had the opportunity to repair a plastic cased Tube sound for a friend, and that module is the only plastic cased Tube Sound that I have seen. Mine is resin cased. However, I drew it out and it is exactly the Tube Sound schematic listed in the MPC schematic archives provided by pinkjimiphoton.

I hope I can find where I put it now. But, if you reference the PJ and the Beard Electra series on the Tube Sound, Josh Scott of JHS states that the Tube Sound is the Electra Distortion circuit (Power Overdrive with two diodes added). That's not what I found. I provided PJ and the Beard with an Electra Distortion module I made for comparison. You can hear the two in the video.

Nocentelli
Tube Twister
Information

Post by Nocentelli »

andy-h-h wrote: 17 Oct 2022, 05:52

So none of these actually match the Electra Distortion schematic that is commonly available - interesting... Has anyone actually seen a version of the Power Overdrive with the additional diodes or a Tube Sound matching the Distortion schem that we've all seen?

:?
Mystery solved: https://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/ ... c=130530.0
modman wrote: Let's hope it's not a hit, because soldering up the same pedal everyday, is a sad life. It's that same ole devilish double bind again...